• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Help with an old qx6700

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wicked_darklord

Registered
Hi guyz im new here and Big fan:attn:I have an old system and i got in my hands in a qx6700 cpu today
and i tried to oc to 3.2ghz it runs ok i think but in hwinfo64 it shows only the 2 cores running in 3.2 why is that can anyone help me plz.

ScreenShot001.png.html

Start | Run | Type msconfig, and click OK | Boot tab | "Advanced options" button | If "Number of processors" is checked, uncheck it, hit OK, and put a check in the "Make all boot settings permanent" check-box... , hit OK and reboot. If it isn't already checked, put a check in the "Number of processors" check-box and select 4. Again put a check in the "Make all boot settings permanent" check-box, hit OK and reboot.

Thanks,but i tried that and it is the same as before.I have the latest bios all settings is ok.:bang head

ScreenShot002.png
[/URL]

Download Core Temp and post a pic. of the System Information applet, located under the Tools menu, and showing the frequency of all 4 cores.

Ok now i see the problem but dont know why the multiplier is only on two cores :mad:

ScreenShot003.png
[/URL]

ScreenShot004.png
[/URL]

:DOk i made it work i just leave the multi to 10 and put the fsb to 1333
and now all 4 cores are at 3.3 stable.
Thanks for your help:attn:

Back