• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E6400 520x8 3.6 Ghz anyone?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The CPU package got warped during IHS removal.

Everything went fine except that I tried to lever the IHS off the core. The die wasn't damaged, but apparently the package didn't like me trying to pry the IHS of during the heating (for melting the metal alloy TIM).

There's no visual damage that could've killed it.

Well, next time I will remember not to try to pry the IHS off.

Attachments

• IMG_2307_r2.JPG
    IMG_2307_r2.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 204
largon said:
The CPU package got warped during IHS removal.

Everything went fine except that I tried to lever the IHS off the core. The die wasn't damaged, but apparently the package didn't like me trying to pry the IHS of during the heating (for melting the metal alloy TIM).

There's no visual damage that could've killed it.

Well, next time I will remember not to try to pry the IHS off.

That looks pretty sweet.

Rainless nice overclock.

NO1B4ME said:
That looks pretty sweet.

Rainless nice overclock.

Now largon, why the hell were you trying to take off the IHS? Were you going to... hell I can't even IMAGINE what you were going to do! Maybe put an eggplant on it or something? Who knows... Nice plant though.

Edit: And a beautiful countryside! I really loved Stockholm, but there was really no nature to speak of. Stockholm is just a jumbled collection of islands. Great if you're into BOATS and stuff... But I really should've taken the boat over to Finland. Next time for sure.

Back