• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hamster Cage = Computer Case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
DarkArctic said:
LOL, I modified my signature just after reading this post. Now I have a dual Intel Hamster III system. can't get much better than that.

-DarkArctic

I'm waiting until the 130 nm ClawHamsters come out to do that kind of an upgrade.

BinarySuperman said:
Well i was looking around my small room and wondering what can i make a computer case out of, then my hamster started to grind on the cage(very annoying) then an idea struck me, my hamsters cage is big enough to fit my abit motherboard and everything else, so now after i work for christmas i will buy another hamster cage and i'll make the right mods and i'll post a pic of the master piece, and im hoping its the first hamster cage computer cage.:D

this is what the cage looks like...

Cool idea......I can't wait to see the finished product.:cool:

well good news, the hamster cage finally shipped out, so i'll probably get it b4 saterday.

BinarySuperman said:
well good news, the hamster cage finally shipped out, so i'll probably get it b4 saterday.

You're seriously doing it?!? When i first read this, i thought you were joking around! LOL, that is soo sweet! You've gotta post a ton of pics of it when you finish, lol!

oh dont worry i will post mad pics, it will probably come tomorrow or after tomorrow, and i'll probably be done in 3 hours. Man 1 more thing i gotta say, i love my dremel, im fixing so many things around the house, i love cutting metal :D

BinarySuperman said:
Man 1 more thing i gotta say, i love my dremel, im fixing so many things around the house, i love cutting metal :D

Yet another victim falls to dremel!!:D I own two of them ,and it is amazing what you can do with those things...........tr

nothing nasty now....

i dont understand, my drill is more powerfull then my dremel, so how can it only be 2500rpms, and the dremel is 15,000 rpms?? i know a dremel spins much faster, but it cant really handle making holes in walls like a drill can.

The drill has more torque than the dremel, so it is more powerful, even though the dremel spins much faster. Its like comparing my car to the motorcycle my dad races- The racebike will rev higher than 13,000 RPM, but it doesn't produce much torque, so it only makes about 45 horsepower. My car, on the other hand, redlines at 6,000 RPM (although the rev limiter doesn't kick in until 6,250 :D ), and makes much more power, because it makes a lot more torque.

Well the hamster cage finally arrived today, i will start the project in about 2 hours, and it will prob be done either later on today or tomorrow :D

BinarySuperman said:
Well the hamster cage finally arrived today, i will start the project in about 2 hours, and it will prob be done either later on today or tomorrow :D

woot!! Heh, i can't wait till i see this thing... i dunno why i wanna see it so bad, but i do! maybe it's cuz i had a hampster a long long time ago...

man i didn't think it would be this hard to do this project but its very hard indeed, so i'll probably be done by tomorrow, i have alot of drawing to do and alot of messuring to do.

well at the moment i have a big space problem, i cant fit the power supply in, man everything is messed up, i might have to combine 2 cages. plus my dremel is out o power so i have to wait 3 hours till i can use it again.

Yeah everything works as usuall, but my systems temps are really high, there at 43 degress, i guess i'll have to install those 2 120mm fans, hopefully that will help.

Back