• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finally! a use for an ORB!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CrystalMethod

Senior Band Wagon Jumper
Don't know why anyone hasn't thought of it, or posted it. I'm taking the fan off my orb, and going to use it as an intake fan. It's small enough, and flows enough air to actually be useful. Not to mention, it'll probably look a little different than traditional front intakes with less work involved. Another use would be as part of a HDD cooler. Looking for anything to make the electrical part of my paper weight useful. Any other ideas would be welcome.

Not if you've already made the mistake of buying an orb, lap it trying to get any performance increase of the OEM fan you had on previously, get fed up because that doesn't work anyways and are left with a 12volt electric paper weight. This way I have a cool looking fan mod and still have a paper weight.

Whatever happened to that topic "101 uses for an orb besides cooling?"

I still like mine - toss it in the toilet tank to save water when you flush.

czech this sh!t out

i see you make fun of orbs, but how about my water-modded Dragon Orb3? too bad i am too poor to own a digicam yet, but here's a screenshot of how my modorb works:
screen_800_rock.jpg

czech out the high temp: 22C

yeah.. too bad its watercooled..

if it was just an orb by itself.. you would be in trouble..

face it.. you hace a super orb.. thats not the average desktop 1 lb paper retainer..

orb on steriods... thats how i sum it up.. heh

cheers though, nice temp!

WyrmMaster said:

I bet they would work great for cooling a BIOS chip:rolleyes:

Well it would work, but so would a CCS, seen here cooling a stick of ram:
chocoram220.jpg
Pic taken from dansdata.com

BIOS chips do virtually no work so put out no heat.

I have a friend who could use an orb for cooling his cell phone/mobile phone, he uses that more than he uses a toilet maybe it needs overclocking and good cooling!!

ButcherUK said:

Well it would work, but so would a CCS, seen here cooling a stick of ram:
chocoram220.jpg
Pic taken from dansdata.com

BIOS chips do virtually no work so put out no heat.

It was a joke, hence the :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Back