• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Really Need HELP PLEASE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ryansmelliott

Registered
Really need some help Please!

So the rest of the bits have just come to make this PC, plugged all in and everything's working in the case but i'm not getting anything on the screen!!

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition
Asus M5A78L-MLX V2
4GB DDR3 Memory
Nvidia GT 640
CIT 500Watt PSU

=(

Thank You

Does the mobo light up? Fans spins. Does that 640 need a power plug?

THat PSU makes me nervous, the wattage is fine, but the quality concerns me... never heard of that brand.

That board has an onboard video chip. Make sure you are set to the vidcard in your BIOS.

vid.JPG

Last edited:
yep everything works and spins the GT 640 don't need power, i did look up everything before i ordered them even the CIT PSU as i never heard of them but reviews and everything seemed fine just cant see why its not working!

even without the GT 640 i still get nothing!

By default, its set to auto... that said, if there is no picture, how can you set that in the bios (CMOS reset I suppose)?

Ryan - do you have another GPU to throw in there? Try that. Try the onboard ports with the iGPU. You plugged your monitor plug into the GPU, correct? 4/8 pin power on the mobo?

Ok just did a CMOS reset still nothing, im not using the GT 640 at all its not even in the PCI slot, yes im 100% sure everything is where it should be and its a 4 pin on the power and the mobo.

yep VGA is in the motherboard. i think its the PSU but im just guessing and i havent got another to test it =(

If the PSU could put out HALF its power clean, you should be fine. The fact that its turning on and fans spin is a decent sign... perhaps the mobo is dead... not sure.

See what you guys think!

i have just noticed that the hard drive is making a clicking sounds!!!

Last edited:
That's not a good sign I had a HD do that and it didn't last long after. When you say nothing on screen not even the BIOS screen appears?

One stick of memory? Is that the slot its supposed to go in? Double check with your manual... try the second slot.

Yep already tested and looked in the book its in the right bay. im just really lost to think what it could be!!!

Are you getting any "BEEPS" on boot? and might be a stupid question is the monitor plugged in and turned on? I had an isse with a bad power cable on my monitor.

Do you have another memory module to test with? At this point, you need to start swapping parts out IMO.

no beeps, boots as if its coming on! tested the memory and CPU in a Crosshaire 3 so i know they work, its the Motherboard, PSU and GT 640 that came today, im in two minds to go buy a new PSU and test that but dont really want to wasted any more money lol

Why cant you put that GPU in the Crosshair 3 to test it? SAme with the PSU...one at a time though so you know what is the problem.

i sold the Crosshair 3 to a friend and i have nothing else to test it on, only other PC stuff i got is old AMD Mobo dont even think its DDR2!

Pull the CPU and check for bent pins. We sometimes have had cases on the forum where there was no video and it was from bent CPU pins.

Back