• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ROG connect

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

craig_

Registered
I've got this great mobo, the ASUS Crosshair V Formula and I was wondering what does the ROG connect feature does exactly? From my understanding you can connect a laptop to your computer and adjust overclocking on the fly. Is this a better way to overclock? The ASUS AI suit was crap and I uninstalled it when I got serious about oc'ing my rig. Is there anyone with experience doing this?

I use this regularly, but it is not practical to do it as a daily overclock, it is mainly aimed at the extreme side of benchmarking to adjust the last few tweaks without using the systems resources before doing a run, you will have to do this everytime you turn on the pc also, as none of the settings you make are stored once the system is turned off. It is basically a slimmed down version of ai suite controlled by a laptop and not by the pc

if you are not on ln2 or dice it's really of no use.
it comes into play above 1.72 vcore and very high cpu speeds.

Ok, thanks for that. I geuss that I'll keep going thru the bios.

Back