• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1 day of rendering...FINAL PIC!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yeah, I still have to find the right water for it yet...but I'll update it when I get the right water...

and no that isn't a rock...I was messin with the texture of the water and it just worked like that....but I believe right under that there is a part of the mountain which could have caused some of the rippling...who knows :D

Spec

yeah...lets see your MAD skill ;)...then I can comment on it!!! :rolleyes:...lol...just messin around...I like it when people leave comments...makes me get it better :D

Spec

I do like the lighting in it! But still kinda plain :p...lol I had to say it....

here is somthing that I made in about 10min...I don't like it but w/e...here it is!

Spec

I just got Bryce a couple days ago and I really like it now...:):)

Here is one of the pics I have made.

VERY SORRY MODS!!! I put this post but then it wasen't going and I stoped it and then I clicked it again...so I guess it went through after all....very sorry!!!! :( :(

Spec

Last edited:
Sony: for that being your first rendering (I guess) it is very good and congrats on it!!

Well I just put somthing together earlier today...I don't know why but I had this image in my head and I couldn't get it out...SO what the heck, LETS RENDER IT!! and that I did...it came out very well if I do say so my self...it is kind earie...I believe I saw the image in a magizine and well it came back in my head...don't ask me why :p

It also makes a very good background (my background :D) So if you want I can make it 800x600/1600x1200 if you guys want....

so without further ado(major typo)......my picture!!

Spec

Here is what i am playing aruond with at the moment.A meteor strike I still am playing with the planets texture need a vapour trail and maybe a strange planet rising on the horizen.This is it so far will post another pic when I have time to play around with it.

So if i can get an old version of Bryce it will cost me $150 to get the new version. (there's no way i will pay $250) Is it easy to use, I haven't done too much 3d before, except experiment with a free program called anim8or. I think it would be a lot of fun to create landscapes like that, i love art.

P.S. Anyone wanna hook me up with an old version of bryce?:rolleyes: :D

Edit: I noticed that they have some sort of educational version on ebay that is only about $85. It says: You must be a student, faculty or staff member at an accredited educational institution to order this product from us. We will require you to fax or email us documentation of your educational status before we can ship this product to you. Also is Bryce 5 compatible with WIN XP? Could only find that it was compatible with MAC and ME

Does this mean college, or high school, here is the link http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2026409817

Last edited:
What the hey.... I'll upload some of mine. Remeber, I just got Bryce over the weekend, so don't expect miricles out of me yet.

especially when my computer takes an hour to render even simple stuff....

Picture 1: That mars scene I was talking about...
JigPu

I really should have made this into a bay going into the ocean rather than an island in the distance, but I'm not spending the time to render it again!

JigPu

Now THIS was fun to render..... Only 1.5 Million polygons and it got halfway done anti-aliasing. Can't believe it even got that far in the two hours I gave it...

(basically it's 300+ or so trees of diffrent dimensions all in the field of view of the camera with two spherical lights in there so you can see something with the dense forestry going on...)

JigPu

And finally.... Well... It's hard to explain.... If you really want to read, here it is... Though I'll keep it small so it dosen't look as huge...

All it is is a pyrimyid with another pyrimid at the exact same place stretched in the 'X' direction so half of the new pyrimid was out of the old one. Then another new pyrimid stretched the other way. Then take these three and paste a copy of them and stretch them in the 'Z' direction so half of the new ones are on the left. Same with the right. Nine triangles all streched strangely. THEN, copy these and rotate so that you get for sides of a box with points in the middle. Stick in a spherical light so you can see, find an interesting place, stick on an interesting texture (Dali-esque marble) and render.

JigPu

well those are pretty good...I liked the picture with the thing on the thing with the thingy over that other thing...very nice....

I'm making another picture right now...I need to find a good model of an spacecraft...then I'm going to import it into my picture, which is a render of a planet...I think it will look nice when I'm done...I'll post it here when I am ;)

can't wait to learn 3dsmax 4...then I can make some sweet as objects with sweet as backgrounds with bryce 5 :D

Spec

Man, I'm not able to check the forums for a couple days and I'm left behind! :rolleyes:
j/k
Anywho, the renderings are looking awesome! I hafta get down and dirty with Bryce this weekend and crank out some of these ideas that are knocking around my head.

Oh ya, I forgot to upload the wireframe pic of my Mech to my webserver...i'll see if I can do it tomorrow.

Here's one of my favorites. I did this is Bryce 3D about 2+ years ago. It's nothing special. Even though I did make the lighthouse from scratch (I'll make a pic with a closup of the lighthouse).
Anywho, for your viewing pleasure I present "South Pacific":
south_pacific.jpg

-D9K

Naughty naughty!

We don't allow that kind of thing here. I'd suggest you read up on the rules.

Thelemac

Last edited by a moderator:
Back