• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can not install Windows 2000

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Darkpie

I boot up From the Windows 2000 CD-ROM Says No checking your hardware Configuration. After that it starts installing files That flash on the bottom of you scren. Any way it gets to the part that says no starting Windows and then my hard drive light comes on and my computer restarts and i have to do the hole process all over agin.

I have tried this with the 4 Boot floppies and i get the same results.

Does any you have any idea of what could be causing this I have installed Windows 2000 from this disk befor this is no scrach on the disk so i dont think it is the disk. I thank i might be a hardware problem.

I thank you all for you help.

May the Force be with US all.

It does sound like a hardware conflict. Best bet is to only have the bare minimum of hardware(CPU, RAM CD, floppy, HD, and video), and see if you can do a successful install. Then add your other components one at a time.

I am not installing Raid i am not pressing F6. And i will try the bare basic things.

This is got me stumped. Well i will get it up and Working one day (Hopefully soon)

Thank you all for you help.

I had problems installing Win2K although I didn't have the same error messages. It turned out that the cause was generic memory. I think it was causing corruption and therefore I wasn't able to install. I would suggest the bare minimum approach and bring any overclock back to stock settings. Win2K is known for being picky about ram. Hope this helps cause this OS is worth the effort.

tainice, I was just going to say that might be the problem, I do it all the time when I do win98se installs. drives me crazy until I remember to swap the boot devices.

Back