• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New 2.8C overclocking results

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
woohoo

I got my new raid setup today (see storage forum), so i reinstalled windows and all drivers etc.

9800pro @ XT stock speeds, theres still room :)

@ Gigabit - i havent yet done anything new to the CPU. will improve the cooling system tomorrw.

Pack date: 27/4/2004
Batch#: L407B192

Attachments

• 6851 3dmarks!!.JPG
    6851 3dmarks!!.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 776
Re-ran 3dmark just a sec ago..not even after a cold boot. Anyway, look at the image. My total 3dmark score dropped (??), but the CPU score was higher then last time (when i ran it after a cold boot). Also, the average framerates do not match....

Attachments

• 3dmark.JPG
    3dmark.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 682
BTW: the CPU is now running 3.71Ghz, 1.6v (actual), 35 degrees idle, 48 degrees load. It will decrease a bit when the AS5 has settled, but still, i'd say its very nice :)

Those are some awesome results. I have been planning on trading in my 2.4C for a 3.0, but if I can get a 2.8 that does anything like that... :burn:

i got my 3.0 @3.5 or 238fsb man i cant bench it because I get errors in everything. I need one of those 30 cap 2.8 or 3.0c. I mean i just wanna be able to use my memory at its rated speed. Well hopefully soon.Hey right now my temps are 34c but i have the ac on i dont know the room temp But it aint to cool since its really hot here to day its in the 90's outside.And I have a 12 inch fan blowing right inside the case .i have the side off. Oh yeah and i have a compu nurse rigged to the heat sink which is at 30.6c and it usally 3-5 c differnt from the mbm5 readings.And you will never guess what i have the Vcore@? 1.775v crazy i know but if i smoke it then ill get me a new one sooner...lol.ill have to borrow some money i guess.I keep hoping that ill burn in this dam thing then it will OC better but its been runnig for a month now and its not getting any better.I wish i could just get 3.6 stable but i just cant seem to do it Were its at now it wont crash but im getting errors in everything.I'd love to have that 30 cap 2.8 you have .Hey did you here 2.8c 30 cap cpu's give off to much raditation and cause cancer i think you should pack that thing up and send it to me and and ill dispose of it properly....lol

Sjaak, that's a very nice 2.8 you have. Good to hear that some of Intel's recent power management tweaks for Northwoods are filtering down to the lower clocked C's. My 2.8C won't do much better than shown in my sig (3.3+) without a boatload of vcore. Good luck with that chip!

KrisMCool said:
Sjaak, that's a very nice 2.8 you have. Good to hear that some of Intel's recent power management tweaks for Northwoods are filtering down to the lower clocked C's. My 2.8C won't do much better than shown in my sig (3.3+) without a boatload of vcore. Good luck with that chip!

I tried 270 fsb 5:4 1.625 vcore, bit it crashed very fast in prime (BSOD). Maybe some overvolting will help, ill see tomorrow.

7k :)

Just broke 7k 3dmarks :D

CPU still on 3.71Ghz, VGA slightly beyond XT speeds.

Attachments

• 7024 3dmarks.JPG
    7024 3dmarks.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 272
Rio71 said:
was this the boxed or oem version? (price is changed)

Boxed.

I like that shop, theyre cheap (selling from germany - lower tax rates :)), and very close to where i live (Arnhem / german border)

Vortexkrow said:
nice work Sjaak :D wish i could oc like you :D

Well, i guess that i'm just lucky with this chip. Nothing too serious about skill, just knowing what ur doing.

Just like with the 2.0A i had until last year...i was a complete OC noob, but i did pushed it to 3.4Ghz on air. improved my 'skill', and got only 400Mhz more.

meionm said:
that's one nice cpu

who am i to disagree :)

Last edited:
Back