• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4 s478 mobo, which 1 is most overclockable?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ray99mond

Registered
P4 s478 mobo, which 1 is most overclockable?coz getting 1 es p4 processor

Thanks a lot. hope soem expert can help me

Most OC'able out of the box: P4C800-E and IC7.
Most OC'able with mods: P4C800-E (Vdimm mod, droop mod, Vagp mod)

IC7 or AI7 are better than the DFI IMO.

AI7 will give you upto 3.2v in vdimm for bh-5's and such. The IC7 your going to have to mod it though to get the most out of it.

Basically, if you can mod the P4C800-E or MAX3, they are the best boards. If you don't want to mod then I would say the AI7 if you do need more than 2.8v for your memory.

Hi, i dun plan to do any mod
and i found tat AI7 only have max vcore up to 1.9v..
any board can get 3.2vdimm and over 2.0vcore ??

* i am amd user, as i know amd can go for more vcore like over 2.0v
how about intel ? coz usually i only c 1.7vcore for oc only...can go higher ??

duno why i saw most of the intel 5ghz record holder also using P4C800-E Deluxe or P4C800 Deluxe

are they good in term of oc ? what is the different between them, E or Non E?

ray99mond said:
Hi, i dun plan to do any mod
and i found tat AI7 only have max vcore up to 1.9v..
any board can get 3.2vdimm and over 2.0vcore ??

* i am amd user, as i know amd can go for more vcore like over 2.0v
how about intel ? coz usually i only c 1.7vcore for oc only...can go higher ??

The rule of thumb around here seems to be to give the P4 no more than 1.675v vcore and this without a doubt shouldn't even done with air if your going to.

Reason being is that you seriously run in danger of S.N.D.S (Sudden Northwood Death Syndrome). P4's are not like A64 in terms of vcore. The range for OCing a P4 is generally 1.5~1.675.

Cid said:
The rule of thumb around here seems to be to give the P4 no more than 1.675v vcore and this without a doubt shouldn't even done with air if your going to.

Reason being is that you seriously run in danger of S.N.D.S (Sudden Northwood Death Syndrome). P4's are not like A64 in terms of vcore. The range for OCing a P4 is generally 1.5~1.675.
thanks for that ....coz i am planning to get a phase cooling

i would have to go with Asus P4C800-E Deluxe do to the fact that it needs very little adjustments to get the OC you "Need";)

i have
2 x p4p800 (dlx)
2 x ic7
1 x is7-e

the best one ist is7-e. (unmodded, and modded tooooooo)
is7-e have the cleanest vcore but ic7 come close.
on is7-e always pat can set.
ic7 cant pat with 4 x ram is installed...
i dont know about ai7, but i know with prescott its the poorest choice.

Recent P4's have been degenerating at as "low" as 1.65vcore, so be careful. I find that any overclock over 1.625vcore (on new p4's) really doesnt warrant it -- ie big vcore bumps, small mhz bumps.

I vote the IC7-Max3 or asus P4C800-Deluxe for modding...

IS7 or AI7 for non-modded.

BTW, you wana get phase change, but dont wana v modd? WTH? :D

~t0m

coz i saw most of the people also using lower vcore around 1.6 for phase only ..
so v mod for what ? can tell me more ?

To stabalise the Vcore and Vdimm (CPU and RAM voltages) more than anything... my IC7 gives me plenty of voltage range.

~t0m

Rio71 said:
i have
2 x p4p800 (dlx)
2 x ic7
1 x is7-e

the best one ist is7-e. (unmodded, and modded tooooooo)
is7-e have the cleanest vcore but ic7 come close.
on is7-e always pat can set.
ic7 cant pat with 4 x ram is installed...
i dont know about ai7, but i know with prescott its the poorest choice.

Maybe it's because I have:

1xP4C800-D (sold the other)
2xP4C800-E
1xIC7
1xIC7-G
1xIS7
1xIS7-E
And I won't say how many AI7s,

but but I agree with Rio71. On the Abits, get the latest Rev. 1.2 boards if you can. >300 fsb, the Abit's are less temperamental. While the VDIMM mod on the P4C800-E is easy to do, I find only some ram respond to more voltage in a positive manner.

Back