• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Your favourote underrated/unsuccessful games.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Krovvy said:
More recently Vampire Bloodlines: The Masquerade, with the community patches it's GREAT! Some older games, which I haven't heard about in years, would be Dungeon Keeper and Motoracer. I still have the CD's for Dungeon Keeper and Motoracer, but they don't work. :cry:
Vampire was a surprisingly-entertaining game despite possibly going a little overboard with the long speeches.

You can get Dungeon Keeper (gold windows 95 edition; I think you can patch it if necessary) to work in XP at least with the application compatibility toolkit from MS. Works with DK2 as well.

My personal favorite underrated game is Bioforge. What an awesome game despite it's goofy control system.

Edit: Also signing-in with my love for the Mechwarrior series of games. House of Marik or Wolf's Dragoons depending on the game.

Last edited:
As buggy as Dungeon Keeper was. It was still fun to be evil. I thought 2 was a little more fun. It does run on XP.

Another game that was in the same time as Vmapire(good game :D). Was Alice and .. darn forget the name of it right now. It started in a mansion and had a supernatural shooter theme to it.

Enablingwolf said:
As buggy as Dungeon Keeper was. It was still fun to be evil. I thought 2 was a little more fun. It does run on XP.

Another game that was in the same time as Vmapire(good game :D). Was Alice and .. darn forget the name of it right now. It started in a mansion and had a supernatural shooter theme to it.

Clive Barker's Undying? An insanely good game.

That be it bro!

It was a really fun game. :thup: Why they never expanded on that game. I will never understand.

The cinematic trailer for Jericho looked awesome, I'm also looking forward to it.

Dungeon Keeper was one of my all time favorites, dig my minions, DIG!

Psychonauts - Got great reviews, editor's choice in PC Gamer, but didn't sell at all. (However, it's doing pretty well via digital distribution)

Battlefield 2142 - Reviewed pretty well, but not as well as Battlefield 2, and I don't see why. Shorter loading times, cool new equipment, graphics still great... I think people just expected more after BF2, and subsequently were disappointed.

Zmaz said:
Psychonauts - Got great reviews, editor's choice in PC Gamer, but didn't sell at all. (However, it's doing pretty well via digital distribution)

Yeah, I loved it on the Xbox, and when I tell people about it, they just go, 'huh?'

well when thinking of unsuccessful....i would probably have to go with world of warcraft. total flop...but my other choice is psychonauts

Last edited:
That game is hard to explain. It was to far out there to give a good or bad. It is one of them games that you either like it or you don't. It just has a strange feel to it. If you liked the game Alice, not as dark feeling as that one. Similar type atmosphere.

Constantinos said:
Relentless: Twinsen's Little Big Adventure
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Big_Adventure

Old game for Dos/Win95 that centered around a character named twinsen in some dystopian world where the crazy Dr. Funfrock has complete control over everything in a 1984-esque way. Twinsen's job is to depose this leader by exploring a massive 3D world and solving puzzles and whatever to get weapons, and magic, and new information on how to progress through the game.

It was really fun and sometimes hard but it was well worth it.

LBA forever!! :beer:

Back