• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good Single Player Games For PC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Half Life/Half Life 2. Best story line ever! Love the no cut scenes, it brings you into the world even more.

Sim City keeps me busy at times too.

Super Power!
Its a tough game to get started on but the level of stragetry requred its old, but can you lead your nation to be come a SuperPower?? I sugest you try this game, I'm sure you can get it for $10 now days as it was released in 02 or 03.
(Note: I've boycotted getting SuperPower 2 as they use StarForce protection and I boycott all games with star force. There is a demo of Super Power 2, but I'm too afraid to install it). So I recommened SuperPower.

If your into naval strategy, their is always Harpoon classic, or Harpoon 3 AWN. (<- demo available).

Hitman: Blood Money = I downloaded a Complete "Saved Game" Version that was 100% complete and it really made the game a LOT more fun.

Test Drive Unlimited: Found another Complete "Saved Game" file with all the cars and houses + a "No Traffic Mod" pretty fun to tour the island.

FarCry - Devmode = Allows for All Guns/Ammo + other stuff like Wall Clipping, etc...

Some good single player games:

• Splinter Cell series
  • Half Life series
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
  • Farcry
  • Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
  • F.E.A.R.
  • Thief Series
  • Max Payne Series
  • GTA 3 and up series
  • Hitman Series

Last edited:
I'd also recommend Fable and Knights of the Old Republic if you like RPGs, or Supreme Commander and C&C3 if you like RTS.

If you're into first person shooters...

Call of Duty & United Offensive expansion pack
Call of Duty 2
FEAR & expansion pack
Half-Life 2 & expansion pack
FarCry
PREY
Condemned - Criminal Origins
Clive Barker's Undying (older game, hard to find)

Fable kicked *** I thought.
HL2 of course.
Call of Juarez, this game is really fun.
Thief 3.
Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines

There are tons of others of course, but these kept me entertained all the way through.

If you're bored of fps games, I would try out oblivion. To be honest, I started playing it thinking I really wouldn't enjoy it, as I don't like most rpg games. It's pretty easy to play, looks great, and lasts pretty much forever

vixro said:

While Thief: Deadly Shadows was not a bad game (and some levels in it were spectacular) it is less than a shadow of what the two previous Thief games were. Go to the Through the Looking Glass forums and people are still cranking out missions for Thief and Thief 2 all the time. But you have to like that sort of sneaking and avoiding conflict playstyle heh :p

I'm the kind of person that plays Guild Wars and avoids every possible mob and in real life I imagine aggro bubbles. ;) ;)

Adding to the ones above (I really enjoyed the HL games, KoTOR, Oblivion, Bloodlines, and Thief 3 -minus the Cradle level- in particular):

Morrowind (a bit older- predecessor to oblivion with a big modding community like Oblivion - Daggerfall's older still but graphically ancient)
Silent Hunter III - if you like WW2 sub sims; realism is scalable for more fun
X3: Reunion and X2: The Threat - beautiful open-ended space sim games (especially X3 - insane learning curve, but it feels like you're flying a Viper :D )
Chronicles of Riddick: EFBB - fun stealthy FPS where you get to shiv people while escaping from prison

Rome: Total War and Medieval: Total War are excellent turn-based strategy+realtime combat games. Medieval is really pretty as well.

fake edit: I found FarCry incredibly boring and predictable personally.

Good Games to Me are

The Suffering Ties That Bind, The Godfarther , Also Swat 4 and Expansion Pack

In addition to all the HL2, FEAR & Farcry mentions...

Quake 4
Pretty much run-n-gun but very enjoyable. Good variety with vehicle missions too.

Prey
Fantastic GFX, cool gravity switching and wall walking make for topsy turvy weirdness :thup:
Shuttle flying is fun too. VERY easy run-n-gun.

Edit: I forgot to mention I am HUGE fan of Thief 1 & 2

I got Oblivion, I'm installing it atm I can't wait! My friend got it for PS3, but I figured I would go with the PC version because of all the mods. He can always lend me it anyway :)

"... 3 months" LOL! Yah, I played all the myst games, URU was my favorite! Hmm, I think I'll go re-install prey or HL2..

Back