• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

H70 intake or Exaust

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Imperatrix

hello i have the H70 cooling a 4.2ghz i7-930 and the HAF932 as the tower should i run intake or exhaust using the H70 in the push/pull config (rear)

I see most people get a bonus for using the rear fan as an intake for the h series coolers. so I would set it up in a intake myself.

+1 for intake. Cooler air outside of the case will give you better results can giving the radiator heated air from the case's interior.

I intake and make sure my exhaust is at the top of my case. Hot air rises after all :)

Hot air rises after all :)

That doesn't apply in computer cases. There isn't enough time for it to settle and for air to layer since it is always being push/pulled. The air inside your case is actually completely replaced a few times a minute if you have good airflow.

+1 for intake in the HAF. Lots of airflow venting, front and side 230mm fans are intake, and the top is exhaust so you should be better off with intake on the H70.

My cases except the HAF have a lot of positive pressure due to having intake cfm >> exhaust cfm and few other airflow vents, so I run them exhaust. I actually run higher temps as intake on them due to backpressure

Try it both ways and see which works better. Since the side door an a HAF932 has a lot of mesh instead of a window, it might not make much difference. I found less than 1 C difference with the H80 on my Dragon Rider test case, which is set up similarly to the 932.

Back