• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4 478pin 533fsb... What are the standard temperatures??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

synik

Registered
What is a P4's (478pin 533fsb) standard operating temperatures (with the standard intel heatsink)??

Maybe someone could help me because I don't know where/how to find this out. (actually i do sorta know where to look but all the techno babble scares me away... lol! I've looked at the actual intel documentation about their heatsink/fan combo but its like 80pages long and scarey. I've looked at the heatsink/fan test pages here also and it's quite long and hard to understand for me.)

p.s. I installed the processor and the heatsink/fan combo myself with artic silver iii. And it runs at about 38c idle and 49c gaming.

(this is my FIRST ever installation... so i want to know if i did a good job or a mediocre job... or a bad job!!!!!)

Try posting this in the Intel CPU forums. I'm sure the people there can help you out. Good luck.

Temperatures depend alot on airflow, ambients and a good heatsink. You always want to stay under 45 degrees and under IMHO with the P4. To my understanding the P4 uses two diode, an on-die sensor and a insocket thermistor. The on-die controls throttling when it hits 55 degrees, and the in socket is what the end users get to see and monitor. The in socket is never correct. It's always off that is why 45 degrees is a good place to stay at. It will give a little head room just in case your thermistor is off by say as little as 2-3 degrees - 10 degrees.

Yodums

Back