• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which MSI K7D?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gas-man

I know I want a K7D, but I found many models...

MSI 6501 K7D MASTER DUAL SKTA DDR
Special Features USB 1.0 NO LAN
D-LED™ / D-Bracket (Optional)
FuzzyLocgic III
PC Alert III
CPU
Supports dual Socket A (Socket-462) ...

MSI 6501 K7DMASTER DUAL SKTA DDR LAN 2.0
D-LED™
D-Bracket (Optional)
FuzzyLocgic III
PC Alert III
CPU
- Supports dual Socket A (Socket-462) for AMD® Athlon™ MP processo...

MSI 6501K7D MAST DUAL SKTA DDR USB2.0
Special Features usb 2.0 on card but no lan
Supports dual Socket A (Socket-462) for AMD® Athlon™ MP processors
Supports single Socket A Athlon XP/ Athlon / Duron processors

What are the differences?

Thanks!

I'd go with the USB 2.0 ... but that depends on prices, and if you want that fuzzylogic and pc.. whatever... what are those things?

I think the last one you listed is the pre-onboard USB version. This one has USB 2.0 but it's an add-in PCI card. These were the early boards that were out before the B2 revision of the AMD 768 southbridge was out. Since you're already limited to 5 PCI slots (not to mention two of them are 64/66 PCI slots which are NOT compatible with a lot of current PCI cards) I would avoid this board. Between the first one you listed and the second one you listed, the only difference is the onboard LAN chip. This would also be a PCI slot saver if you're planning on using 10/100 LAN. If you're using WiFi or some other standard (requiring a USB LAN adapter or a seperate PCI card) it would be useless, of course.

sb

Back