• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Raid performance probs using MSI K7T266 Pro2 RU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bwoc

I am having probs with my Raid config under Win XP pro. I Have 2 Seagate 40 gig ATA 100 drives running in raid 0 in performance mode using the onboard raid connectors on the mobo. I have installed all the appropriate drivers, VIA raid patch, promise raid drivers and newest 4 in 1 drivers, plus defragged my drives numerous times. I have tried to reinstall the OS many times but this hasnt fixed my performance prob. If i run the PCmark benchmark i am only getting about 199 when other users using the same mobo and drives are getting 1200+. If i benchmark using Sisoft Sandra the equivalent drive is a tiny bit more than an ATA33 5200 rpm drive. Before i put in RAID config i was getting the appropriate benchmark scores for my drives, ie in Sandra the equiv drive was a ata100 7200rpm drive. Does anyone else have this problem at all? Any suggestions as to how to fix it would be absolutely awesome.

This is my setup:

Athlon XP 2000+
MSI K7T266 Pro 2-RU
512 DDR PC2700 RAM
Leadtek GF3 Ti 500
2 X Seagate 40G 7200 RPM on onboard Promise RAID ata 100 Lite controller
1 X Pioneer DVDR/RW
1 X LG 8X4X32 CDR/RW
Creative SBlive Platinum
and few other tid bits , thanks in advance guys, im sure someone here knows whats going on

Back