• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Time for yet another new headset...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gregory_WE

I'll probably be willing to spend up to $150 on a good one, but paying $50 would be preferable.

I've been happy with my Plantronics Audio 90's but it looks like the microphone just died to so I need a new headset.

There are the three that I've been looking at:

Plantronics DSP-500

Sennheiser PC150

Sennheiser PC155

Any opinions?

My main usage is gaming, but I like using my headphones to listen to music too. They do have to have a microphone attached to them, since I regularly use voice communication for my games.

Read some reviews and stuff, and I'm leaning towards the Sennheisers right now.

I just took back 2 pairs of Sennheiser HD280 pro's because one pair broke in half and the other pair was cracking in the same spot my other one broke at. I now have a pair of Bose triport headphones and a pair of Sony MDR-V600 studio monitor headphones. I will give you some advice so you wont loos any money. When you buy a pair of cans, look at where they flex and bend. If the bridge of the headset (the part that goes from one speaker to the other) is plastic, then dont get them. Try and find a pair that has some sort of flexible metal bar that goes across your head and make sure it is very flexible. This part takes a beeten and this is the first part of the cans that will break after the warrenty expires.

Cans Rule:attn:

My brother has the PC150 headset and I can tell you from personal experience that it sounds phenomenal. I'm a big fan of Sennheiser headphones, but these really surprised me. For the price they're worth every penny. Comfort is top notch, also.

Yeah I ended up getting the PC150's... the people I use TS with say the sound quality of the microphone is very good, and I like how comfortable they are. The sound quality of the headphones themselves are pretty good, a little better than my Audio 90's (which I was amazed by how good they sounded when I purchased them). Overall, it's a pretty good buy, $60 including shipping isn't too expensive, and these should last me for quite a while assuming I don't trip over the wire or frequently drop them.

sirjinx1974 said:
I just took back 2 pairs of Sennheiser HD280 pro's because one pair broke in half and the other pair was cracking in the same spot my other one broke at. I now have a pair of Bose triport headphones and a pair of Sony MDR-V600 studio monitor headphones. I will give you some advice so you wont loos any money. When you buy a pair of cans, look at where they flex and bend. If the bridge of the headset (the part that goes from one speaker to the other) is plastic, then dont get them. Try and find a pair that has some sort of flexible metal bar that goes across your head and make sure it is very flexible. This part takes a beeten and this is the first part of the cans that will break after the warrenty expires.

Cans Rule:attn:
where did yours crack at?

I would consider headphones w/o a mic to see if you can save money or just get better quality and then just get the cheapest headset w/ a mic you can find and put it around your neck. It works out quite well for me:D

Back