• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WhiteHawkEQ, JrClocker and don256us.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well I had some fun last night. I finally got back online and everything was going good. I was sitting in my lazy-boy with a scardie cat in my lap when there was a big "CRACK" sound from the basement. Said "crack" made said scardie cat jump from my lap nails and all. After a few choice words, I checked out my basement and everything looked fine. I didn't smell anything bad and everything seemed to be in its place.

Later I checked the status of my farm and found that one of my machines was D-E-A-D. I'm not sure what died and at this point, I'm not sure I care. This was a machine that I knew was dying and it was running three of my older Tahiti cards. I'll be happy if I can get to 2 mill ppd.

Well I had some fun last night. I finally got back online and everything was going good. I was sitting in my lazy-boy with a scardie cat in my lap when there was a big "CRACK" sound from the basement. Said "crack" made said scardie cat jump from my lap nails and all. After a few choice words, I checked out my basement and everything looked fine. I didn't smell anything bad and everything seemed to be in its place.

Later I checked the status of my farm and found that one of my machines was D-E-A-D. I'm not sure what died and at this point, I'm not sure I care. This was a machine that I knew was dying and it was running three of my older Tahiti cards. I'll be happy if I can get to 2 mill ppd.

I know what it's like to have a cat jump from your arm or lap and they dig those claws in OUCH.
As for your dead PC, it most likely is a cap that popped it's top, you can goto Badcaps.net or Digikey.com and get the caps needed. As long as there is no other damage to anything else on the MB, you can put new life in a old MB or GPU.

I'm thinking the duct tape gave way...

That's what it was. I had so... many points built up that the tape just up and gave way. Mythbusters style. WOOT!

(Didn't see that coming did you?)

Right now I'm only able to work on maintaining what I have. I did swap parts around recently and got one of my farm rigs back up. 3 x 280x are back in the fold. I've seen for a while that I (once again) selected the wrong guys to challenge. My only goal has been to make them work for the overtake. I've done OK on that front. It will be a while before I can mount an actual counter attack. Rest assured that Jr and Whitehawk (if that is their real names) will rue the day that I upgrade.

P.S. That's just between you and I though right?

Rest assured that Jr and Whitehawk (if that is their real names) will rue the day that I upgrade.

:rofl:

I saw a Rue 21 store the other day...does that count? Trust trying to help out here!

Right now I'm only able to work on maintaining what I have. I did swap parts around recently and got one of my farm rigs back up. 3 x 280x are back in the fold. I've seen for a while that I (once again) selected the wrong guys to challenge. My only goal has been to make them work for the overtake. I've done OK on that front. It will be a while before I can mount an actual counter attack. Rest assured that Jr and Whitehawk (if that is their real names) will rue the day that I upgrade.

If this public forum counts as between you and I then yes, yes it is :rofl:

I'm trying to decide if I should fold on the 4P or sell it along with my 2 cards to fund a GTX 1080. Then maybe I can start to play with you big boys lol :p

I was just doing some very rough calculations in my head and.... I may be way off here but.... We might be racing to see who will earn 1 billion first. It may be a good race to that milestone on account of my head start against your raw power.

Hmmmmm...........

It will be close...by my calculations you are about 72 days from 1 billion...I am 95 days from 1 billion.

It will be close...by my calculations you are about 72 days from 1 billion...I am 95 days from 1 billion.

Don't forget to factor in he fact that I can't seem to keep my farm up 100% for any real length of time and it becomes even closer.

Don't forget to factor in he fact that I can't seem to keep my farm up 100% for any real length of time and it becomes even closer.

Plus my spuratic-long gaming sessions that take out 1 of my Titan X P cards as I game in glorious 4K!

@WhiehawkEQ - Dude, you're production is falling. Is everything OK?

Plus my spuratic-long gaming sessions that take out 1 of my Titan X P cards as I game in glorious 4K!

@WhiehawkEQ - Dude, you're production is falling. Is everything OK?

I think that his pain meds must be working too good. ;) I hope that your recovery is going well Whitehawk.

Well, I paused my two 980Ti's last night and forgot to fire them back up until this morning. That hurts my production. :(

Back