• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Xbox One

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think I just accidentally bought 5. Doesn't matter what Sony offers, I'm getting one (heh).

Doesn't even seem like a gaming machine, more like a set top box. Doesn't seem like this ONE was designed with gamers in mind. I do like the look of the analog sicks.

I will be interested to see how E3 goes in a couple of weeks. I wasn't too impressed by the reveal, I got pretty bored most of the way through it.

A giantbomb user put this together, thought it was pretty funny and spot-on.

TBH it looks like they're trying to aim for that all-in-one type of feature where PS3 always outshined the xbox 360 because of the blu-ray player. So they're trying to market it so people can use it as an all-round box for everything and not just games.

I've always been a Playstation person since the PS1/PSX. But to be honest I'm not sure I'll touch either of these consoles... I spend enough money on my computer as it is :p.

I'll probably get an Xbox One, just because I've had the original and the 360.

I like Forza and Halo, which are only for the Xbox line, which slightly forces my hand.

i think i will be getting one, it looked pretty good. and with it able to watch tv on it, and use it as a dvr. o and it plays games!! that will be my excuse to the wife to get it lol

Does it cost to watch tv on the Xbox one and how much?

I would assume as long as you are a gold member you can.

With that said, you will be basically hooking it up to your cable box, so it isn't like you are getting cable tv for 'free', it is just a different way to interact with your cable plan.

The Xbox One will simply be a "passthrough" device for your existing cable tv, and it will control channels etc.

i will get one when they support mouse / keyboard out of the box. or i wish they would stop being pansies and finally use cross console / platform gaming... well we all know how that would go for xbox's cod sales LOL microsoft said it themselves that is why they will not continue cross platform ventures because even mediocre pc gamers were destroying awesome xbox players.

Last edited:
I don't mind the always on connection... it is the subscription fee that people say the xbox and ps4 will require even if you dont play any games...

Its not going to be an "always-on" network connection, that was a rumor.

The power always being on will be like having your computer on in hibernate mode.

The "always on" functionality actually refers to their system level DRM for used games.

You will have to pay a fee if you want to play a game without the disc, and each game will be tied to your account regardless if you have an internet connection or not...

Anyone who wants to play a game that their friend brought over or vice versa they will have to pay an activation fee, I assume this is a way around the whole online pass.

As for the reveal: I have to say I was underwhelmed, there was nothing that they mentioned that made me feel like this was something I needed. At least Sony took the time to actually show the functinality of their console, whereas Microsoft didn't even show a single portion of the interface. As far as I'm concerned the ball is in Sony's court on this one and they definitely have the upper hand.

A set top box enhancement is not going to make me buy a glorified low end gaming rig...

I was underwhelmed by the reveal as well. I have such as backlog of games, i'll probably wait well over a year or two into the next-gen lifecycle before buying either a XBO or PS4.

I don't mind the always on connection... it is the subscription fee that people say the xbox and ps4 will require even if you dont play any games...

the 360 basically already does, as most of the applications are locked behind a gold subscription in the first place.

Only PSN has PSN+ which isn't forced and just gives nice premiums (free games/etc) from what I understand anyway.

8GB or DDR3, 3 of which is set aside for OS only.

Can't buy used games. Well you can but for the price of new game :confused:

Kinect must be used what seems like most of the time.

Always on-connection not require, but must be used once every 24 hours...

Think I'll just get new GTX 700 series vid card. Thanks Microsoft, see you next gen :thup:

This sums it up pretty well

8GB or DDR3, 3 of which is set aside for OS only.

Can't buy used games. Well you can but for the price of new game :confused:

Kinect must be used what seems like most of the time.

Always on-connection not require, but must be used once every 24 hours...

Where did you hear this stuff? Haven't seen any of that.

I was going to buy one originally because I enjoy having all the systems for when good exclusives come out, but then I read into it more and I don't think I want to support Microsoft this time... Console seems super restricting, won't even be able to borrow games to a friend.

I don't want to support a company that sharks me like that :(

I guess indie developers also can't self publish?? (Admittedly I havn't read the article yet).
http://kotaku.com/that-xbox-one-reveal-sure-was-a-disaster-huh-509192266

Where did you hear this stuff? Haven't seen any of that.

It's all over the internet right now, people reacted overwhelming negatively to it.

Last edited:
Back