• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how do I become part of the team ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DDR-PIII

Disabled
I'm just wondowsing how I can become part of the ocs-eti team ? I cant do many Wu's a day... only 2 but it's still some heh :)

Every single work unit counts. First, if you don't yet have a personal Seti account you need to download the command line client and create a new account. The client will ask you for all of the important information the first time you run it. You need to use a valid email address. Once your account has been created the Seti folks will email you a numerical password. Sometimes their server is slow and it can take up to a day to get the password. You must keep this password - you can't change it. Once you have the password you can visit this page: http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/stats/team/team_94265.html Once there click on "join" at the top left. From there you need to enter the email address you supplied when you created your account, and the password they sent you. Once you've done that you're part of the team! If you have any questions about tweaking your system or using third party apps just let us know.

It was brought to my attention that you already appear to be one the team - currently #1159 with a result returned back in February...

weird well how can i get what ive done so far on to my user name there ?

DDR-PIII - just to let you know I think that you are going to lose your avatar if you don't get it under the 50K max.:(

Did you just start Seti? Have you crunched before in the past?

yes i have crunched before... i just have had 24/7 use of th computer for a few months so i wasnt able tod it before.

Did you just open a new account?

How many units did you crunch before?

Just trying to figure out if that is you on our team.:)

yeah that is me there its just that i cant remember what my email account is for that user name

well, in that way, guess you are using a new account right now right?? if so, you'll need to register your new account to the team then.

btw, Welcome to the Team!!!

Welcome (back) to the team! WUs are WUs, so it don't matter how many you do! (I only did 1WU/day for a LONG time here!)

Have fun, and nice avatar! :)
JigPu

Back