• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

O/C Forums Toronto LAN Party (June 18/19 in Downtown Toronto) -- All are invited!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

felinusz

Senior Overclocking Magus
O/C Forums Toronto LAN Party (June 18/19 in Downtown Toronto) -- All are invited!

O/CFORUMS LAN PARTY CANADA STYLE

Finally, this is gonna go down.

There are a lot of great Overclockers on these forums who live in Southern Ontario, or elsewhere nearby the centre of the universe (that being Toronto). After much discussion, we have finally set a date and a venue for a friendly social O/C Forums LAN Party in the middle of Downtown Toronto (the centre of the universe ;)).

GUESTLIST

Here is who we have signed up:

felinusz
felinusz's Friends X 3
SocketMouth
SlipViper
SlipViper's Friend X 2
Oni
Oni's Friend X 1
su root
{PMS}fishy
crimedog
SimGuy
Razorback
9MMCensor
Woozy
WildArmSX
morganja
deRusett
apu183 (maybe)
cujo (maybe)
AlexV (maybe)

PLEASE POST HERE IF YOU WANT TO BE ADDED TO THE GUESTLIST.
IF YOU ARE BRINGING FRIENDS PLEASE POST HERE FOR THEM!

GAMELIST

* Counter-Strike: Source
* UT 2004
* Quake 3
* Wolfenstein ET (A Free Game - Click HERE)
COD
COD-UO
BF1942
BF1942 DESERT MOD
Warcraft 3
Worms Armageddon/Worms World Party (same game really)
Age of Empires 2
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War
Half Life 2 Deathmatch

IF YOU HAVE ANY GAME NOMINATIONS, PLEASE POST HERE.

The latest patches for all of these games will be available at the event, although it is preferable for you to come prepared.

Games with a '*' beside them can be considered the "main" games (As in, it is likely that the most people will be interested in playing them).

WHEN, WHERE, AND HOW MUCH?

We will be holding the LAN on the weekend of June 18th and 19th. The LAN will start at noon on Saturday, and will run untill 3 P.M. on Sunday.

The venue is a studio in downtown Toronto with a permanent network built in, and full facilities for LAN parties - the room is run by the CanadaLAN club. This place is pretty much the ideal LAN room.

“The meeting room includes a permanent 96 seat network, complete sound and video system, and a video/data projector with 12' video screen.”

There is also a large Bawls machine :)

PICTURES OF THE ROOM

Pretty much we show up, plug in, and game the night away. We have room for 50 people. The room already has an A64 server that we can use, and is completely wired up for our purposes.

The venue is located at 45 Lucy Avenue, right off of Danforth Avenue in Toronto.

HERE IS A MAP OF THE AREA

The cost for renting this room is $20 (Canadian Currency) per person for Saturday and Sunday. This is the base fee the people who own the place will be charging us - this is a non-profit LAN and we will not charge an overhead. We expect people to pay at the door.

For what we get in this room, it is a fine deal for the weekend. :)

WHAT DO I BRING?

You need to bring the following:

~ Your own computer
~ $20 CAD for the room rental
~ Your own moniter
~ Your own keyboard, mouse, and earphones
~ Games
~ Your own network cable (the venue sells cables, but for $5 each)
~ Your own power bar (the venue sells power bars, but for $5 each)

It would be a good idea to bring some drinks, some food, some extra money, a sleeping bag/pillow, and any other fun stuff one can think of.

Alcohol is permitted for those aged 19+. Bring your own beverages.

It is important to note that we expect everyone to remain civil and relatively quiet throughout the course of the event.

We will probably buy some bulk cereal and milk at Costco, and provide breakfast for everyone.

WHO IS INVITED?

Everyone is invited :). We have room for 50 people, which should be more then enough.

WHO IS RUNNING THIS?

Zulu-1 and felinusz are running this LAN Party (god help us all ;)). Please feel free to post any questions or concerns in this thread, or PM either Zulu-1 or myself.

That's pretty much everything. I will keep this thread updated daily :).

Please post here if you have any suggestions, questions, or concerns.

Last edited:
Put me as a We'll see, Since I only own 2 of the games on that List, and one of them I can't stand, me going would be pretty silly.

But I'll definatly be a We will See player. might pick up more games. of different games will be suggested

Cool, I added you on there :). If you have any game suggestions, please feel free to toss them at us :).

Getting a bunch of us together for some friendly gamin', socializin' and maybe even some overclockin' will be a heck of a lot of fun even for the lightweight gamer among us - to be honest I'm not that big a gamer myself :)

Nor Am I, well I kinda Am, but not games you'd play on a LAN

Stronghold Crusader, Fantastic RTS game, lots of fun, Did a few Lans with it in University

AoE2 + Expansion, another I love to play

Worms ( World Party or Armegedon are GREAT LAN/Drinking games, ) I have Worms 3D but have never played it long, because I don't like Worms unless I am playing against a real person.

Oh my. Worms 2, Worms Armageddon, or WWP would be a great time :)

Worms 2 is also free license now IIRC.... I've added Worms to the list.

God iwish i lived nearby but i don't. I will suggest HL2-Deathmatch.

Also, i have enevr been to a LAN. When you go to one you have to bring the games they are playing?

When you go to one you have to bring the games they are playing?

The way things are going the game list will end up being somewhat long. I think I'm actually going to put a little "*" beside the games that will be played most.

Basically, you bring whatever games you own that are on the list :)

Just pm'd you..but i'll post here cuz I'm stoopid :bang head and didn't read the whole post..rofl..i'm alittle tired...

I'm 100% going... :) :)

Where do we sleep?

I might try to get some of the east coast guys together, and maybe a few of us will head up there.

{PMS} Fishy

Where do we sleep?

I might try to get some of the east coast guys together, and maybe a few of us will head up there.

Unfortunately, we sleep on the floor - A sleeping bag and a pillow are a good idea if you intend to sleep (Which I don't intend to) :). The room is quite large, so there should be plenty of room for prone gamers :). It would be awesome if you could make it dude.

deRusset

Please make sure we are permitted to Bring beer, Cause if we are, I am.

Bruce (the guy who runs the room and the CanadaLAN club) told me that we are responsible for staffing the LAN, and setting the rules. Beer is definitely allowed, although common sense is emphasized if you know what I mean. This is intended to be a friendly social event, we don't want any trouble whatsoever (as if I even need to say that here - we all know that ocforums people rock :)).

We expect people to be quiet and civil throughout the course of the event - I don't forsee any problems :)

Beer

Is there anywhere around the location that we can buy beer?? Cuz I'M NOT BRINGING BEER OVER THE BORDER!!!!

Customs: What are you declaring...?
Me: My beer cooled computer....I'm going to a LAN Party in Toronto.
Customs: Your what cooled computer? :confused:
Me: My beer cooled computer....
Customs: Come with me sir...
Me: RUN AWAY, RUN AWAY!!

j/k

Seriously though, I'm afraid of just declaring my computer! :eh?:

I'll PM 9mm to see if he wants to come...it sounded like he did on the other thread...

jack222 said:
Viper-Your in NY?! ight next to me. Drive me up there!

I'm in Buffalo (Cheektowaga), where you at?

kk.. how come people pay more attention to him then me!!
is it cause i only have 4 stars??? (j/king)
you forgot quake3!!!@
!!
thats one of teh greatest lan party games :p
and fishy... your really not supposed to sleep.. thats why its only 1 day :)

LOL, Quake 3 has been added Zulu :).

Is there anywhere around the location that we can buy beer?? Cuz I'M NOT BRINGING BEER OVER THE BORDER!!!!

Ummm, this is Canada :). There will probably be a Beer Store, an LCBO, and a Wine Rack within walking distance :).

Back