• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gainward 5700 Ultra Golden Sample

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Henry Rawlinson

Registered
I'm looking to buy one of these nice mid-range cards. Reviews seem favourable currently, as for that price range they are blowing away Radeons and FX5600 based cards.

However, I've been wrong before. Has anyone seen/experienced real use of these Golden Sample cards yet?

If ur looking at nvidia i wouldn't suggest a 5700ultra when the leadtek 5900 (clocked at 400/700) is only 205 over at newegg. The price is lower cause the memory is clocked lower than a usual 5900, but it should still easily outperform the 5700 ultra.

edit: I think this thread is in the wrong forum...

Last edited:
SnComet2 said:
If ur looking at nvidia i wouldn't suggest a 5700ultra when the leadtek 5900 (clocked at 400/700) is only 205 over at newegg. The price is lower cause the memory is clocked lower than a usual 5900, but it should still easily outperform the 5700 ultra.

edit: I think this thread is in the wrong forum...

Agreed, but I gotta admit, I have a reg 5900nu and my brother has a eVGA 5700U. His is oc'ed 550/950 and it is nearly, almost identical in speed to my 5900. It is no slouch by any means.

Only thing I would say to Henry is, I wouldn't buy a Gainward. Too many complaints from them, besides my own complaints about them. Even Ed here at oc.com done a article on their bad memory and how they sold them to Newegg as refurb v cards, only for peeps to still complain about the memory problems. (Other problems besides that to, which is old news now.)
Maybe consider Leadtek, Albatron, or what my brother and me runs, eVGA. They are all better than Gainward in my book.

If you are wanting to hold money to 200 bux, then the lite versions of the 5900s would be ok to, as SnComet2 mentioned. Still you won't go wrong with which ever modle v vard you choose, 5700U or the 5900s.

Cheers,
Mike

Back