• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

worth the upgrade?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MuEagle05

I currently have a Gateway FPD1500 monitor. I got it fall of 2001, so it's elderly. Refresh rate of 50ms, lol. 200 brightness, god only knows what the contrast ratio is. It's served me well...zero dead pixels!

I have some extra cash, and was thinking of getting the Dell 1901fp, but it's $600. I'm having a hard time parting with that much money.

Think it'll be worth the upgrade? Think I could sell my gateway lcd on e-bay for like 50-100?

It's kind of hard to answer a question like this. It depends on whether the larger screen size is worth it to you. It depends on how much the pixel refresh-rate of your current monitor bothers you. It depends on how much the $400 will affect you. Basically it entirely depends on you.

Since your asking the question, I would assume you would like to get a new monitor. If your low on cash, but still perfectly willing to spend ~$400 on a monitor, then I would recommend a low-priced 17" LCD using AEQ's 16ms panel (found in NEC 1760-series and BenQ 767). If your already spending $400 on a monitor, then I would recommend spending the relative little extra on one that utililzies DVI.

Back