• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual Monitor question really quick

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Timmybighands

Hey guys. Rig in my signature.

I just updated to the Cat3.9 drivers for my card, and when I rebooted, my taskbar moved from one monitor to the other.

I cant seem to figure out how to get it back to the one I had it to before. If you can help, please post.

Timmy

There is a section in the drivers where you choose a Primary and Secondary monitor.

The Primary is the monitor that displays the taskbar. If you change that it should take care of it for you.

Thanks fishy... I swapped the primary and it remained the same. Any other suggestions?

BTW, who's the chick in your avatar? H.O.T.T.I.E!

Last edited:
If you run into other problems like that I just switch the monitor w/o the taskbar's positon to a different side (i.e. instead of to the let, to the right) then plug the monitors in different ports.

Timmybighands said:
Thanks fishy... I swapped the primary and it remained the same. Any other suggestions?

BTW, who's the chick in your avatar? H.O.T.T.I.E!

Shannon Elizabeth

That's interesting, I didn't know you could drag the taskbar to a different monitor...
/me tries

Heh, it works... Cool. :p

Here's another question for you all...

Can I get the taskbar to span BOTH monitors? That'd be nice.

Timmybighands said:
Here's another question for you all...

Can I get the taskbar to span BOTH monitors? That'd be nice.

Don't think so. I think it would be annoying to. When I run dual monitors, its to keep all the junk over on the second one, so I can get osme work done.

Yes having a big bar at the bottom is annoying. Waste of space too. But here's an example on my system. Turned off the other wall papers for file size reasons.

Triple-head%20Taskbar.jpg

Back