• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New ssd and can't fresh install

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

benj1290

Hey everyone,

I just got the ocz agility 4 ssd the other night. Was a pain trying to get it to fit on the antec 900 case. But that's another story.

So I had to get a sata 3 card, manufacturer is Siig 2-Port. And it shows the drive fine.

Put the win7 pro x64 disk and start install. After its done expanding thr windows files it will error out. Most of the time it says setup.exe is corruptand will spam me with all different types of files that are corrupt. I have verified the disk and its in working order.

I have tried manually creating the partition and installing vista to upgrade. None are working.

Right now Im trying for the 7th time. This time without the Ethernet cable plugged in. I will update after this install if it works or not.

*Update* Didn't work. Uploading Images now.

In the mean time if anyone has comments or can help that would be great

Attachments

• 2012-09-20_14-13-01_522.jpg
    2012-09-20_14-13-01_522.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 54
Last edited:
The other thing that just got me thinking is that i used my old sata cable? Is there a difference in sata 2 and sata 3 cables?

Currently at the docs waiting so just trying to brainstorm about what can be the issue at hand

The other thing I've seen with corrupt files during install is due to bad ram. Have you checked the RAM to ensure it is not faulty or set up incorrectly?

I haven't ran an memtest on my ram, but its the same ram that was used on my other hard drive. I pulled out one stick to see if it would work, but no go on that. I can try the other to check and see

One other thing to add, is that the sata card that i have installed is connected to the SSD but the DVD-rom is on the motherboard. could this cause a issue?

Short Story: I got it working.

Long Story: So after dealing with this SSD for 3 days I had all kinds of issues with it, Corrupt files, Wouldn't read, Etc. So on day 2 I called OCZ tech I was told by the guy that 1.4.1 was the most current firmware upgrade that they had. So then we thought it was just a bad SSD and that i would have to RMA it. I tried all kinds if things to just get it working (Installed win7 on usb, 3 different OS's/Cd's, Etc).

Then all the sudden the SSD didnt want to be reconiged in the BIOS and i thought it bricked. I tried plugging in the Sata ports in different location's see if the power was seated correctly and everything looked good. So then when i was taking it apart I noticed that the 4 pin to sata connection that i had used, that one of the pins was out :rain: DUH.

So got the SSD plugged in, called OCZ on day 3 and asked them where I should start, told him i had the 1.4.1 firmware installed and he tells me that the current is 1.5.2 :facepalm: I was about to go nuts. So I installed there Linux bootable ISO on a USB, updated the firmware and then installed win7 no problems.

Overall I'm loving this SSD, run's super fast, had fast as ever tech support that i have seen in awhile

OCZ is great for support. I had OCZ mem go bad on me and it was under warrenty, since they backed out of the mem market, they gave me $70 credit to get what I wanted, So I picked up to OCZ 80gig Agility 3 drive. Oh and I never had to pick up the phone it was all done over email. Love OCZ support

Back