• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

xbox hd question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pvc_and_frost

Im not sure about the legalities of this, but is there a way to get the x-box operating system onto a different hard-drive? Or another way to run x-box games on a pc? I also wanna try and get ps2 games to work on a pc also. Im sort of trying to go for an almost every platform machine.

You can run PC games on xbox, if you mod it, but right now you cant run xbox games on PC. www.zophar.com has a lot ef emulators. I check it out every so often. It seems they have one now that can play halo if you have a cd image, but where do you get one of those?

There are no working ones though, all of those are viruses. Zophar has the largest collection of *real* emulators.

Argh.....with an emulator though I can just pop in the cd and run it? Or is there a different way it is done nowadays? Oh I believe that a cd-image is to copy the cd onto the hard drive. I think that nero and some other cd-burning softwares have an option to do that.

the issue was that with an emulator the PC cpu ahs to bee running very high.

i had hear originally that when PS2, or may have been dreamcast - that to emulate it on the CPU you would need a 3ghz CPU because of the diff. coding in the actuall console CPU.

and to date i do not know of any full, %100 working emulators for xbox or ps2.

i would think Xbox would be easier to do since most of it's hardware is PC based items.

On paper the PS2 cpu is weak, but in reality it is actually quite powerful. I heard you would need like a 2.6ghz cpu and some other crazy specs if a working emulator ever was developed.

www.xbox-scene.com would be a REALLY helpful site in your quest.

If you really wanted to you CAN fit the consoles (X-box/PS2) into a case w/ your PC. You could probably even just buy all of the parts inside of the systems to save money. It might even be possible to have everything draw froma single PSU. that site I posted above has the tutorial for the xbox in a pc also, I believe.

microsoft has free instructions on how to make an xbox dev kit for under 600 bucks. im not sure where to find them, but one of these kits can run xbox games.

gusgizmo said:
microsoft has free instructions on how to make an xbox dev kit for under 600 bucks. im not sure where to find them, but one of these kits can run xbox games.

How is it free if it costs under 600 green?

i would assume they are schematics for an xbox. i personally hate the xbox, so i wouldnt build one.

not quite an xbox, more like an approximation of one. you would use it to debug an xbox game. or just run one if that was your thing. ill do a bit more research and ill come back here

That is some pretty good linkage :) . Just not exactly what I am looking for but my friend down the street has been trying to do that for a long time. Maybe I'll go help him.

AMEN brotha! Though anything is better than sony's. I cannot stand some of there rendering. No T&L whatsoever. Oh well, I saw an xbox game somewhere in my house, maybe the hardware to run it is there somewhere also. I will have to see under the tree in the morning. w00t less than 12 hours! but I need some hot chocolate. My cars heating is wack, and its around 30*F here right now, and I had to go deliver some packages for some people. BUT NO SNOW!!! :(

Back