• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Zalman Heatsink

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hibner

How good are the Zalman CNPS6000-CU heatsink "flowers" for moderate overclocking (just curious). I like that idea for heat dissipation, and who doesn't need a bloomin' onion sitting in their case. I'm gowing to stick it on a 1.4 tbird for now to try it out on the hottest processor known to mankind.

The reviews I've seen of the "flower" HS give it mediocre marks for function whilst praising it's ingenious design and high build quality.
That said, I have no first-hand experience with it.
I do have a Zalman 7000cu HS and the same criticisms would definately apply.

IF you were to use it for an OCing heatsink, make sure to have some serious airflow moving through it. those sinks are meant to keep stock chips cool with little to no noise, not for extreme performance.

Guess its time to look at a Thermalright. Got any suggestions. Its going on a 1.4 tbird for now, but soon upgrading to 2100+.

Back