• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ Vertex/Max IOPS/Agility/Solid/RevoDrive 3 FW 2.22 available

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Interesting. Is there a changelog somewhere? I can't find one, it'd be interesting to know what changed.

I wonder if the new firmware is what comes on the V3 3.5" drives and explains their performance in my testing.

yeh change log is here

Issues resolved since version 2.15:
• Improved handling on prolonged resume from partial to slumber state
• Fixed an issue when abnormal amounts of secure erases could cause incorrect block P/E
counts to be reported in SMART data.
• Performance improvement on some benchmarks

2011 OCZ Technology Group, Inc. All rights reserved.
OCZ reserves the right to change products or specifications without notice.

Known open issues:
Formatting a RAID-1 Volume takes longer than expected with PMC Sierra BR-8 HBA

I updated both of my Vertex 3 with 2.22 a week ago and used them on the new Z77 chipset. So far i didnt have a single issue, seems like its finally stable but i wont shout it out loudly unless i used them several months in a row without a single failure.

I had a unusual high smile when i noticed that OCZ at the Vertex 4 series is not anymore using Sandforce. They use Indilinx or Marvell. I was absolutly not surprised because the whole Sandforce mess was hurting OCZ a lot and it was placing a huge strike on them. Many people avoided OCZ after and got more stable stuff such as M4. Seems like they learn from the past and rather try to use a more stable controller.

The Sandforce controller was plagued by endless firmware issues, and im not even sure if the controller itself is working properly. The newest firmware fix might be able to fix those issues, but its way to late... it took them almost a year to release a fully stable firmware, what a mess. I can fully understand that it is simply inacceptable for OCZ. Not only for OCZ but especially for the poor customers who had issues after issues and very hard even to hunt down the issue because that crap is just way to random.

Anyway, in term my newly flashed Vertex 3 are now working proper, then i may forgive them. Im still a human not a monster, in term OCZ did learn from the past... junk simply happens but finally it was never any bad intention. The thing i am upset the most is simply the massive work and frustration i had, when there was so many freezes and the high price... it was close to 900$ and you kinda expect the stuff to work proper, it simply was not free. Would have said nothing in term the stuff is free. Now i truly hope it works stable until the end of PC life.

Last edited:
Back