• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is the BitsPower D5 mod top G3/8" compatible with my D5 pump?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The top is compatible, but you'll need G3/8" threaded fittings to attach to it (instead of the much-more common G1/4" thread on most current WC parts). Other devices that use the G3/8" fitting include all old Thermochill radiators.

Yes, but the fittings are G3/8, which is outside of the WORLDWIDE standard of G1/4 thread pattern.

I wonder how long this thing has been availible on the net. It's odd for sure.

You don't understand yet. Better and probably more modern by 5-7 years (that top design could be that old)

We like/use Delryne plastic now, few use acrylic, it is prone to cracking and imcompatable with some cleaning liquids. Acrylic is OLD school.

And the D5 is old tech. There is better.

Are you just doing the typical new guy "CLICK N BUY BUY SITE STUFF" or actually know whats on the market and read lots of reviews/tests and the SCIENCE of why?

No slammin you dude, but it your all WC clicky clicky maybe you need to learn more about WC and read our stickies, at the top of this forum in YELLOW. And possibly take the time to read other folks just like you first inputs into WC and how we help.

I was the same way when I first started, neither of us had a pretty start. Ack. And why that pump?

#1, NO that is a bad bad choice when 99% of the fitting companies doen't make that size.

Last edited:
I think he already has a WC loop, seeing that he said MY D5 pump. He just wants to know if it will fit.

Regardless if it fits, it is a poor choice ;)

Look for something with G1/4 threads !!

Modz

Hi, thank you guys for your replies.

(1) I've been reading stickies here and other forums (e.g. tom's hardware) for about two weeks now. I've read rad/pump/cpu block reviews on sites such as martinsliquidlab.org and skinneelabs.com

(2) This is all for a school project. I already got the XSPC RX240 kit and I'm building the loop these days.

As a part of the project, I'll be doing the maintenance just after a week or so (can't really wait the 6-12 month) - I only need to learn by doing it so that too can go in to the report.
When I drain the loop, I thought I'd like to try a different kind of reservoir, i.e. use a tube instead of the bay one I have. To mount the pump in the case I was thinking to get one of the D5 tops with mounting frame included.
I see now that getting the BP mod with G3/8 is just not smart so I'll get some other (cheaper) D5 top with G1/4 (which I know is the standard these days).

Thanks again

Thank you, your learning. Keep at it, all sorts of fun stuff to learn.

And with proper tubing choice, the D5 with no top is perfectly fine. Get the D5 vario pump. Not bad and fits 1/2" ID tubing just fine, no need for a diff top for a basic school project.

More money saved. No need for a fancy top.

Thanks, I would never think of connecting tubing directly to the pump.

Actually, I got a budget from the school and if I don't spend it, I'll have to return it so I may just as well buy a top for €30. Also, I'll try the loop with and without it = more material for the report :D

... and I'll look closer at Swiftech MCP35X

Back