• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finally broke down and gave LoL a try....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rumbl3

Game is amazing. My first Moba was HoN and it was a terrible experience least in beta when I played for a while. After that I was really turned off by these types of games hearing that LoL had a nasty community also.

I have seen quite a few articles on massively of high ranked pro players being perma ban for behavior and the game cracking down big time on toxic players. Then my buddy asked me to give the game a try. 3 days later I opened my wallet and said take my money! lol

Just curious if anyone plays on a casual level (i'm only level 7 and play with my friend that is 26) might be looking to pick up more people to play with on voice. I tend to stick to tanky characters favorites so far Rammus, Cho'Gath, and Nautilius. I'm about to pick up blitzcrank need like 300 more IP (saving the rest of my RP for more sales on high health champs.

Anyway so far I really recommend the game if people were like me turned off from the start. I've only had one game out of like almost 20 so far that had a player talking lots of smack (guy was terrible and tried blaming everyone when he kept taking the bait in mid and would get jumped by usually 3 other champs) which we did not bother to even talk to him /reported :).

Anyway great game I can see myself playing this for a long LONG time. It can get so intense and the tides of war can change so quickly depending on what champs are in game and who gets feed.

IGN: Sinister Rumbl3

Last edited:
What is LoL?

A game full of players who are complete NEET's that rage over the slightest thing that isn't perfect in their eyes, who spend all match and all 30 minutes screaming at you because how dare you not match their perfection because you are a newbie.

A game full of players who are complete NEET's that rage over the slightest thing that isn't perfect in their eyes, who spend all match and all 30 minutes screaming at you because how dare you not match their perfection because you are a newbie.

This was my fear about these types of games. :-/

they are great fun games, but you certainly need a thick skin to nerd rage.

I dont even bother posting in chat in any public games on dota2. Sometimes you get a friendly game :)

I advise just using steam chat(or VOIP) or something to chat to your mates and just ignore the 12 year olds :)

yo BMWBAxter my name in Wagex i will be adding you in just a bit :D

I havn't played LoL in a while once I hit level 30 I got kind of bored. Plus I always wanted to buy new characters when they came out, was starting to cost me a pretty penny

I haven't ran into many idiots yet. But we do ignore most people anyway unless they are typing something like MIA for a champ etc I do not bother to read or even talk back.

About the most convo I've had in game is with a champs we quickly switch top with bottom since they were getting destroyed. Which did not make a difference they were pretty bad (3 guys in the same clan joined our game and talked how MLG they were lol don't care but was funny all the talking they did and they were like pure feed for the other team).

We hope on mumble to voip while playing. Anyway I'll add the two of you guys that posted names to my friends list. We usually do not play till late at night eastern time 9 or 10 pm.

I have just been keeping up with my win of the day recently, but am usually up for playing games if I'm online and have no problem helping out anyone new to the game, the raging idiots are just annoying. Name is Fearious in-game, I'll probably add you after I get home today.

im usually on on the weekends starting at ~9pm once i get the kiddo to sleep :) il be on tonight for sure

I play the game and, yes, many players are like this ESPECIALLY in the Ranked Divisions. It can be utterly nasty at times. :argue: Normals are better and when it is 5 vs. 5 bots less so; still there are jerks to be found up and down the line. The secret is to find a good circle of friends that play to win while having fun and who do not rage realizing every has bad games.

I like to call the perfection Narcissistic Rage. I swear a PhD. candidate could do their doctrinal thesis on the narcissism the permeates the LoL players. So many players - not all mind you - have their self-worth tied up in whether they win or lose. The depression can be thick.

I play the game and, yes, many players are like this ESPECIALLY in the Ranked Divisions. It can be utterly nasty at times. :argue: Normals are better and when it is 5 vs. 5 bots less so; still there are jerks to be found up and down the line. The secret is to find a good circle of friends that play to win while having fun and who do not rage realizing every has bad games.

I like to call the perfection Narcissistic Rage. I swear a PhD. candidate could do their doctrinal thesis on the narcissism the permeates the LoL players. So many players - not all mind you - have their self-worth tied up in whether they win or lose. The depression can be thick.

There's a reason Riot has been hiring psychologists to help improve the game. People are doing research on this communities psychological background :)

LOL this.

I still have not run into really any evil players. But I heard they are mainly in ranked. I read the LOL forums a lot and just so many players that get so mad over not being able to move out of silver or gold. People need to get over it chances of going "pro" is probably 1 in a million players just like sports pros.

But, I see so many of them concerned with making it to diamond and saying they are the best on the NA server at there champ etc. lol I think a lot of them have never been told by mom and dad that it's ok to not be the best at something.

I play to win, but I find when I do not take the game super serious and have fun playing I win much more. But, I haven't raged over a game eh since my days in quake 2 I think lol. To old to rage over that crap now. Even last night when my team was losing I still had fun playing thresh and baiting the other team into the turret to get me then locking them in and dragging them back lol.

Solomid has had a few interesting 'guides' about someone dissecting the game on a psychological level too, though I have no idea how qualified any of the people writing these are. I did spectate parts of a few of your games Rumbl3, not too bad for only having played <1 week! Feel free to throw an invite anytime, sounds like you have the right attitude int he game.

im usually pretty good about completely ignoring, well not even ignoring i usually dont even notice the trolls lol only thing i see is mia's pings and gg's everything else is kind of not there in my head idk why. every once and a while il tell some one they are an idiot for blaming me for losing the game. e.g. im 15/1 they are 3/20.

i think the trolling has gone down alot since the put in the honor system. i play 3v3 ranked and the only thing i have had the enemies say was GG and GJ lol almost no typing what so ever. unranked games can get pretty nasty.

Solomid has had a few interesting 'guides' about someone dissecting the game on a psychological level too, though I have no idea how qualified any of the people writing these are. I did spectate parts of a few of your games Rumbl3, not too bad for only having played <1 week! Feel free to throw an invite anytime, sounds like you have the right attitude int he game.

Yea I've had a higher learning curve tossed at me playing with my friend hes level 26. So we get grouped with high teens and up. nautilius is ok. I started Thresh last night by 3rd match i was doing really good with him. Feels much better then naut.

btw whats your ingame name? Guessing your the person who sent me a invite lol though it was just some random. I'm down for a few rounds everynight usually 9 or 10ish pm eastern

Back