• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What are everyone's dual core opteron SuperPi 32M/1M times?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
dbccc84b-super_pi_29_937_.gif

My sub 30 result on 2800Mhz on Sapphire Pure Innovation "Grouper" A9RX480. I can do it way better, as I reached 3Ghz too ( http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=148241 ) but unfortnately I killed my opty by wrong voltage selection in bios - 2.0Vcore.
Fanless watercooling, not naked die. Could run faster for sure, but I was just... stupid :bang head :bang head :bang head

trodas said:
dbccc84b-super_pi_29_937_.gif

My sub 30 result on 2800Mhz on Sapphire Pure Innovation "Grouper" A9RX480. I can do it way better, as I reached 3Ghz too ( http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=148241 ) but unfortnately I killed my opty by wrong voltage selection in bios - 2.0Vcore.
Fanless watercooling, not naked die. Could run faster for sure, but I was just... stupid :bang head :bang head :bang head
Care to share your memory timings at 2800? You beat my 255x11 score by a mere 0.13s so I'm wondering how much the timings effected it. Mine were 3-3-2-6-1T ...

Hi im bit disappointed after reading these my system,in sig,runs a 32m time of 34.45 is it because im using crucial value @ 2-4-4-11 because of overclock though mem speed is only 145mhz i had to use 100mhz divider

fabulouscoops said:
Someone else with too much time.

Here is a study of Super_pi 1M times on my single core 3700+ (first rig in sig) using different RAM dividers. We all know Super_Pi is related to CPU frequency but this is fixed at 264 x 11 = 2.904 GHz. RAM timings are 3-4-4-8-1T. Times were measured at different RAM dividers. The graph is the calculated RAM frequency (HTT x RAM frequency) vs 1M times in sec.

Ratio, Divider, Frequency,1M time
1:1, 200 MHz, 264 MHz,29.7 sec
9:10, 180, 238,30.5
5:6, 166, 219, 31.1
3:4, 150, 198, 31.7
2:3, 133, 176, 32.5
1:2, 100, 132, 34.5

Super PI Ver1.1e (modded to display millisec) Numbers are rounded to nearest tenth of a sec. Frequency rounded to nearest MHz

using divider should bottleneck memory to fsb, but if running dual channel i think the different should be minimal :)
if fsb 200 n memory 200 (single channel)so cpu bandwith is 3.2gb & memory bandwith is 3.2gb/s
if fsb is 300 using divider n memory(single channel) is 200 so cpu bandwith is 4.8gb/s & memory bandwith is still 3.2gb/s
if fsb 300 using divider n memory is 200 (dual channel) so cpu bandwith is 4.8gb/s and memory bandwith is 2x 3.2gb/s = 6.4gb/s

pls correct me if i am wrong

PS:fabulouscoops, u using single channel or dual channel when do the test?

35s @2700 270x10 1.35v (2x 3800+ 939)
ill have to run a 32m when i get home.
thats with dual channel value samsung ram at 155mhz cant remember timings

ill also post my 1m result at 9x300 for 2.7ghz see if that affects the score.
edit:32m score of 31m 19s

Last edited:
malvindo said:
using divider should bottleneck memory to fsb, but if running dual channel i think the different should be minimal :)
if fsb 200 n memory 200 (single channel)so cpu bandwith is 3.2gb & memory bandwith is 3.2gb/s
if fsb is 300 using divider n memory(single channel) is 200 so cpu bandwith is 4.8gb/s & memory bandwith is still 3.2gb/s
if fsb 300 using divider n memory is 200 (dual channel) so cpu bandwith is 4.8gb/s and memory bandwith is 2x 3.2gb/s = 6.4gb/s

pls correct me if i am wrong

PS:fabulouscoops, u using single channel or dual channel when do the test?

This was done with dual channel. The only parameter that was changed between runs was the memory frequency.
I am not understanding what you are saying about dual channel vs single. If all the measurements were taken using single channel how would that change the interpretation of the results? Slower memory = higher super_pi times. Bandwidth was not changed from one run to the next.

fabulouscoops said:
This was done with dual channel. The only parameter that was changed between runs was the memory frequency.
I am not understanding what you are saying about dual channel vs single. If all the measurements were taken using single channel how would that change the interpretation of the results? Slower memory = higher super_pi times. Bandwidth was not changed from one run to the next.
What? Of course it was. You mean the CPU speed wasn't changed ...

fabulouscoops said:

sorry maybe i am wrong
but my thought was :
1) when fsb 200 n memory 200 (single channel)so cpu bandwith is 3.2gb/s & memory bandwith is 3.2gb/s

then fsb bandwith is 3.2gb/s is on par with fsb memory in 3.2gb/s

2) if fsb is 300 using divider n memory(single channel) is 200 so cpu bandwith is 4.8gb/s & memory bandwith is still 3.2gb/s

so fsb bandwith is higher @4.8gb/s than memory @3.2gb/s so i suspect memory bandwith become bottleneck

3)if fsb 300 using divider n memory is 200 (dual channel) so cpu bandwith is 4.8gb/s and memory bandwith is 2x 3.2gb/s = 6.4gb/s

so fsb bandwith is 4.8gb/s than memory bandwith @ dual channel is 6.4gb/s
so memory bandwith should be redundant for fsb bandwith!

but maybe i am wrong if u done all that test with dual channel

I see what you are saying. I may have been confusing terms. These were all done with dual channel but I could try with single and report back. I think that would be an interesting study and put to bed the question of dual vs single channel in AMD systems.

Unfortunately, I no longer have the 3700+ I used for the above tests since I upgraded to an opteron dual core. So I may need to repeat everything.

fabulouscoops said:
I see what you are saying. I may have been confusing terms. These were all done with dual channel but I could try with single and report back. I think that would be an interesting study and put to bed the question of dual vs single channel in AMD systems.

Unfortunately, I no longer have the 3700+ I used for the above tests since I upgraded to an opteron dual core. So I may need to repeat everything.

if u don't mind, dual channel n single channel would explain my thought,
maybe u don't need repeat everything, just run the highest n the lowest,
i mean divider 200 & 100 , would reveal the gap (if any) ;)

Well I tried. DFI boards are finicky with memory and I could not get it to boot with one stick or with one stick moved to another slot. There may be a configuration that will work but it might not OC to the same degree. I also tried to force 2T timing but there is no way to do that in BIOS. If I find a way to do this I will give the super_pi times a shot.

Back