• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Chipped Core (pic) think it works?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Starfoxer

World's Biggest E-Thug
ChipCore.JPG

I took my comp with me on my vacation as my brother, myself, and some friends went/had some lan parties. It was fine when i got there. When i get back and open up my suit-case the window and case is smashed on the side.

I take my comp apart and find my chipped 2100+ tbred. normally does 12.5x200.

Does it look like it may still work? should i try it? can i risk my mobo or anything else? cool!

I have chipped a few of the cores on my chips. They all still work. It shouldnt cause any damage to the board or anything else if you try it. I would suggest just going for it and seeing if it works. If it does...do a happy dance!

damn, i have an Epox 8rda+

i get beeps like a siren. high...low...high....low

and the code is IP or I9 something like that

oh well :(

CRAP

i ordered a 2500+ yesterday (will be here tommorow) and i just swapped out my GF4200 with my PCI backup and it boots. NOOO now i need a new video card.

at least my 2100+ works!

lol, i tested the GF4200 in the other comp and it works fine. so i guess either my AGP slot is borked, or my chipped up 2100+ is causing my agp slot to be fidgity.

how can u tell it's chipped? the liquid ooze flowing down the side? mine from newegg had something similar to that... =/

In the pic it is chipped on the left side. See the jagged lines along the side of the core? That is a chipped one...and pretty bad chip at that

my 2500+ came in today. i ordered AQXDA 0322 from www.gameve.com and got a AQXEA 0324. should i be mad? i haven't tried overclocking it yet.

my GF4200 works good though so i guess the 2100+ is borked.

I'd be happy same stepping just a latter week. as a rule of thumb newer weeks provide marginally better overclocks. The 2100 might be fine if you don't oc it. I had a 1333 tbird that I chipped won't run overclocked at all but hapily chugs along at stock spped. just a thought.

On my system high low siren style beeps is the temp sensor. I had to change some crap in the bios about fan checking or something and it stopped beeping and booted fine. try it?

had the same problem but not quite as bad..when i used it to test a mobo, after i took it off...the chipped area was black...i'm assuming that's bad...all i did was bench test the board. cp temp was 60C in bios cause i had the fan controlled by mobo...don't really wanna try the chip again (DLT3C 0308WPMW 1700) and fry it or my asus board? any thoughts or just $h**can it? btw, this gigabyte board isn't turning out so hot just yet....the on board lan didn't even have a f'n port for it....

lol my 2500+ looks like the first pic. and it did 2700-2800mhz and still does 2700-2800mhz.. all ya loose is some surface cooling area really...

polarys425 said:

i really hope your joking

I've heard alot of people that thinks the CPU leaks something when they see this... :)

"the smoke is the magic part of the chip and if it gets out you can't run the puter anymore." - Unknown

/Norrko

Ouch Foxer.. usually the only chips I've seen so far are minor ones, yours is huge.. hehe it runs from side to side. What mobo are you using? Chipped CPUs may boot but they may act a lil funky :( Guess you got to experience the funky side of it. Sucks because I've experienced this as well.

Back