• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

VLAR's - Like a plague of Locust's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chawken

Has anyone else - lately - been inundated with Low AR's. When I left the house this morning, all of my home machines were processing < .0xx AR's and for each of them it was their 3rd in a row. My at work computers - with the exception of my dual amd - were doing < .0xx, with one machine it was it's 5th in a row. Out of the last 33 processed WU's, 25 have been < .0xx.
Is there some way to look at the WU's in cache, before processing, to determine the position - mostly the AR?

I use SetiGate to cache my WUs. It provides a great listing of all of the WUs before and after crunching. Not that it gives me the choice of which WUs to accept or not... The listing includes the date the WU was recorded as well as the AR. After crunching, SetiGate lists the results (gaussians, spikes, triplets) and the time it took to crunch the WU. It provides a means of sorting the data too. Say for example, I want a listing of all of my completed WU sorted by time or say by best spike, it's a mouse-click away.

Anyway, lately, I've had some pretty decent AR's. Most have been 0.4 or greater, I even had some 7.xx this past week.

DeltaSierra said:
I use SetiGate to cache my WUs. It provides a great listing of all of the WUs before and after crunching. Not that it gives me the choice of which WUs to accept or not... The listing includes the date the WU was recorded as well as the AR. After crunching, SetiGate lists the results (gaussians, spikes, triplets) and the time it took to crunch the WU. It provides a means of sorting the data too. Say for example, I want a listing of all of my completed WU sorted by time or say by best spike, it's a mouse-click away.

Anyway, lately, I've had some pretty decent AR's. Most have been 0.4 or greater, I even had some 7.xx this past week.

Last week I had one day that it seemed I had a lot of VLAR's. But these last two days - That is all I have. It's not that I don't want to do them - but maybe redistribute them to my more efficient machines - like the Athlon 4's. I mean 25 out of 33 WU's, all < .0xx - did I tick off the Seti God that much?

chawken said:
Has anyone else - lately - been inundated with Low AR's. When I left the house this morning, all of my home machines were processing < .0xx AR's and for each of them it was their 3rd in a row. My at work computers - with the exception of my dual amd - were doing < .0xx, with one machine it was it's 5th in a row. Out of the last 33 processed WU's, 25 have been < .0xx.
Is there some way to look at the WU's in cache, before processing, to determine the position - mostly the AR?
Prose wrote a nice little VB program to check the ar's of wu's if you want it here it is.

Re: Re: VLAR's - Like a plague of Locust's

Basher said:

Prose wrote a nice little VB program to check the ar's of wu's if you want it here it is.

That is exactly what I wanted. Thanks Basher. I downloaded it, tried it, and gave me the info that I wanted.
My compliments to proze.

chawken said:

Last week I had one day that it seemed I had a lot of VLAR's. But these last two days - That is all I have. It's not that I don't want to do them - but maybe redistribute them to my more efficient machines - like the Athlon 4's. I mean 25 out of 33 WU's, all < .0xx - did I tick off the Seti God that much?

Nah...you didn't tick off the Seti God...he is just seeing how far you go. You just caught his eye when you turned in your 50 work units a day. BTW...congrats. Rise to the challange the Seti God has given you...whether it be small <.0XX or large <.4XX.

Sir-Epix said:

Nah...you didn't tick off the Seti God...he is just seeing how far you go. You just caught his eye when you turned in your 50 work units a day. BTW...congrats. Rise to the challange the Seti God has given you...whether it be small <.0XX or large <.4XX.

Let's make it more > .4xx than < .100 - I hate 25 out of 33 being < .0xx and using SetiScreen it looks like I still have about 30-40% of my cached WU's at < .100. :mad:

Ive been seeing the same thing lately as well..I keep getting .417 and .041 WU's on all my box's

must be the data.. me too.... my cahce of 35 has 16 in the .0xx range... :rolleyes:

oh well.... such is the SETI life ;)

Re: Re: Re: VLAR's - Like a plague of Locust's

chawken said:

That is exactly what I wanted. Thanks Basher. I downloaded it, tried it, and gave me the info that I wanted.
My compliments to proze.
It is a very nice program the only thing is I can't seem to figure out how seti driver cashes the WU's they do not seem to follow any numerical pattern when selecting the next WU, I know it does them in the order it downloaded them but it does not match the folder numbers. BTW I cache 22 WU's and 7 are below .100 :mad: I have been crunching them a lot lately :(

Now that I have a prog that will let me see what the WU's are in cache - I would love to be able to move them around - meaning, I would like to move the VLAR's to my more efficient machines. An example - my P4 sucks at processing VLAR's but is great at any AR >.400. The P4 crunches >.400 AR's in about 4hrs - but on AR's <.100 it take 8.5 to 9hrs. My Epox setup will crunch <.100 AR's in about 5 hrs. I would love to re-distribute my VLAR's to the Epox.

chawken said:
Now that I have a prog that will let me see what the WU's are in cache - I would love to be able to move them around - meaning, I would like to move the VLAR's to my more efficient machines. An example - my P4 sucks at processing VLAR's but is great at any AR >.400. The P4 crunches >.400 AR's in about 4hrs - but on AR's <.100 it take 8.5 to 9hrs. My Epox setup will crunch <.100 AR's in about 5 hrs. I would love to re-distribute my VLAR's to the Epox.
Easy as pie :) I ship my >1.00 to my PIII 667 @ 700. If your are using the standard spy+clc+driver all you have to do is make a new folder in the seti dir you want to move it to ie if you cache 20 name it 21 cut the WU and paste it into the new dir. You will have to change the cashe size back because driver will assume you increased the cashe size. You also have to maximize driver and click in one of the text boxes for it to update. Oh yeah once you reduce the cache size driver puts a stop_after_send text file in the folder but it does not halt seti just does not replace the finished WU.

Last edited:
Back