• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CS:S command help please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

R B Customs

i suck with the AWP and my clan is getting annoyed at me.

Although,... im a scout master ! lol, and its all down the the sensitivity.
i know theres a code to cange the sensitivity of the zoomed in weapons, but what is it ?
and is it possible to make the scout and the AWP the same sens ?

i basically want make the AWP move faster without altering my scout in any way. i want it to feel the same sens as my scout.

Rick

I don't know about source, but in 1.6 it's zoom_sensitivity_ratio

Any gun should have the same sens...I don't know why it would make a difference if it's an awp or scout

That's weird that you are really good w/ the scout, but not the awp...

Go start playing awp maps, and you'll get better...it just takes time

yea lol, im really good with scout ( check my montage which will eb finished soon :p ) but im good because im really used to its sensitivity, i can use it well short range, because im SO used to how quick it moves, but the wap crosshair moves alot slower, less sensitive. thus i can spin rouund and get the quick headshots i need.

why would awp and scout have different sensitivities...that makes no sense

Karbon said:
why would awp and scout have different sensitivities...that makes no sense

are they the same >?
the awp feels so much slower.
i suppsoe i should juist stick to what im good at. but a should really hone some of my snipign skill with the AWP. ive been blaming the sensitivity so far. it just feels slower :S

dont change your zoom sensitivity, change your regular sensitivity to lower. as you play the game more you will feel the need to to lower it.

I am the aWP KING, SON! lol

Im also pretty good with a scout, I just need a new mouse so I can get my groove back.

if you want to AWP better, ill host up a server and we can train.

trendx said:
dont change your zoom sensitivity, change your regular sensitivity to lower. as you play the game more you will feel the need to to lower it.

I've been playing with the same group of people for 4+ years and they all use around 2 or 2.5 with no accel, I use 4 with accel...go figure

It depends on your mouse, mousepad, etc as well. Just keep trying different sensitivities until it feels right

nvidiaOCmaster said:
I am the aWP KING, SON! lol

Im also pretty good with a scout, I just need a new mouse so I can get my groove back.

if you want to AWP better, ill host up a server and we can train.

Certainly.
ive already tried to get ou resident AWP Guru to train me. but he hasnt quite grasped how used tot he scout i am :p

ive added you to MSN, if you hacve Xfire, add fen182, or steam friends = fen182

I'm not sure how to change it but, I do know what you are talking about. It's almost like realistic. You can move smoother/faster with scoped scout than you can with the big bulky AWP. I doubt there is a command though that will not change one and not effect the other.

I prefer the AWP myself. But meh, it depends on the dpi of your mouse before you determine sensitivity in the game.

Take my little Logitech optical 800dpi mouse for example, I have it at 5 atm, but prefer 4 for awping, etc.

However, on like a Logitech G5 set @ 2,000dpi, or Logitech MX518 set to it's highest @ 1,600, people can set their ingame sensitivity to 1, 1.5, etc. and for someone on a 400dpi or 800dpi mouse it would be about 4-6

your clan is getting annoyed cause your not do great with AWP - find a new clan, one with talent and that uses team work instead of camping around using the AWP.

my G5 i have it on the 2nd sensitivity on the mouse and in game i have it at 7.

I play at 1.4 with whatever the default accel window is...a full turn on my mouse pad is like 55 degrees in game. I can AWP and Scout perfectly...though i prefer the AWP.

sobe said:
I prefer the AWP myself. But meh, it depends on the dpi of your mouse before you determine sensitivity in the game.

Take my little Logitech optical 800dpi mouse for example, I have it at 5 atm, but prefer 4 for awping, etc.

However, on like a Logitech G5 set @ 2,000dpi, or Logitech MX518 set to it's highest @ 1,600, people can set their ingame sensitivity to 1, 1.5, etc. and for someone on a 400dpi or 800dpi mouse it would be about 4-6
Don't listen to him. He team attacks during matches :D :p

Having a good sniper in a clan is almost critical. I mean there's only so much that people are good at, but sniping is quite important.

Personally, the bullpup is my fave by far :D

Precision said:
Don't listen to him. He team attacks during matches :D :p

And this genious fires the 1st tk shot :p

I dunno what to tell you though, it's more than just the ingame sensitivity. Using an AWP, and using an AWP well are two totally different things.

Seven said:
Having a good sniper in a clan is almost critical. I mean there's only so much that people are good at, but sniping is quite important.

Personally, the bullpup is my fave by far :D

yea we have soem one who is god liek with the gun. but at times ( not lately :p ) i can be just as god like with the scout. btu in wars if our AWP is down and i have to pick it up and fight on. i cant.

i really did think the awp was less sensitive than the scout. but it must just be different in the zooming / switching of the weapon.

i may try to pregressivly reduce my sensitivity, as i understand most of the best players play low sens for the accuracy. but my high sense scouting has a certain snappy style to it that wouldnt work with low sense... unless i could move my wrist at a million miels an hour :|

im gonna play witht eh OC Master, and try and picl soem things up :p
Rick

i dont like how slow the awp is at full zoom either. thats why i only use the shorter range zoom even at long distances. if you can get head shots hit an ak from across the map, this should be no problem.

Back