• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can u beat this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zantal

guys i just spent all day trying to find the best Overclock ever

2* 260gtx 216c i7 920 asus p6t deluxe

look and comment =)

I cant see the pic at work, but I bet if I had an i7 920 I would spank that score with my clocks on my card...and yes, I havent even seen the score. :cool:

Turn PhysX off. ;)

edit... oh wait, you have SLI.. Nevermind! hahaha

Badbonji, I hope your physX is off because P23000-ish with a GTX295 compared to his 260s is kinda fishy. If so, what is it with it on?

Badbonji, I hope your physX is off because P23000-ish with a GTX295 compared to his 260s is kinda fishy. If so, what is it with it on?

Yes my ppu was enabled. this is the score without ppu.

gotta say from my point of view i have done a good job. if not tell me with proof :p

what i hate the most though is that i cannot go higher with my cpu clock or it would run too hot.
currently under 100% load (and i mean all 4 cores are at 100% all the time) it gets to 75C but that's not likely gonna happen since even in crysis maximum usage was 25% -.-

i will try cranking up more the cpu by lowering multiplier and increasing blk clock.

as for the gpu i think 1 of them can't reach too high freq cos at 720 MHZ my pc freezes and restarts. although at 700 it goes smooth and i didn't notice any artifact.

keep in mind guys that the gpu memory clock is good at 1161 MHZ higher than 1170 will actually reduce performance.

Last edited:
Badbonji, Damn right I can, but you need to turn physX off first that boosts the score :p

m8 u got gtx 295 overclocked no wonder u would beat my silly 260s :p

but if i manage to get a higher clock stay sure my system will kick *** =)

I cant see the pic at work, but I bet if I had an i7 920 I would spank that score with my clocks on my card...and yes, I havent even seen the score. :cool:

Turn PhysX off. ;)

edit... oh wait, you have SLI.. Nevermind! hahaha

24k with ppu and 21366 without.

btw nice clocks there =)

has the new 55nm cards more room for OC? i can't get any program to work with voltages on my system, maybe if u can give me some advice . . .

makes me want to pick up a second 260 to see what I can do with them

No... :/ But ehh. I have never even run 3dmark vantage. I get around 11and a half k in 3dmark06 though. So I doubt I'd be close.

makes me want to pick up a second 260 to see what I can do with them

m8 the gtx 260 really pwns (216c edition)
if u are very skilled u can get some nice clocks even on stock cooling

atm doesn't go higher than 65C with crysis with max settings!!

for me best buy ever (not like that 8800 ultra i once had :p )

btw tomorrow i will try to reach 23k with no ppu with a huge OC =)

cya

I can. Ofcourse not with the PC in my sig, but then again I don't build my PC for bragging rights! :p

Nice overclocks though. Would really be interested in some in game benchmarks.

I never run it with physx is on, due to it is cheating vs ati comparisons...
Anyway, my run was at 4.2Ghz cpu, I cannot run it atm as my memory is acting up and vantage hangs my system. I really want try and run it at like 4.4-4.5Ghz cpu and my 730Mhz gpu, but atm my memory is just not wanting to play.

I never run it with physx is on, due to it is cheating vs ati comparisons...
Anyway, my run was at 4.2Ghz cpu, I cannot run it atm as my memory is acting up and vantage hangs my system. I really want try and run it at like 4.4-4.5Ghz cpu and my 730Mhz gpu, but atm my memory is just not wanting to play.

I would take OCZ or kingston. a friend of mine is fine with OCZ i overclocked my kingston to 1700 MHZ and they go fine just need to increase dram memory to 1.66 approx

I can. Ofcourse not with the PC in my sig, but then again I don't build my PC for bragging rights! :p

Nice overclocks though. Would really be interested in some in game benchmarks.

My results would be pretty useless to you guys =( but atm i run crysis over 45 fps in wide areas (meaning not in a house etc) and if i reduce post processing i get over 60 fps with 8x AA and 16x AF @ 1440x900

all other settings to the max.

gotta say DX10 drains so much power Oo

got about 20k on sli without any oc yet. gonna try how far i can push it with watercooling.

Vantage means nothing. When you can run Crysis as 1920x1200, all graphic settings maxed at an average of 70FPS then you are accomplishing something. And yes i have done it already!

Why is using Physx cheating? Do you not want the most out of your hardware? We are in an nVidia forum, so need to compare to ATI.

Is changing the drivers to 'Performance Mode' also cheating. What about other OS tweaks?

Benchmarking is about getting the highest score plain and simple.

If you want to compare ATI to nVidia use actual games.

Back