• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WANTED 64 bit clietnt for windows

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Johan45

Benching Team Leader Super Moderator
I have recently joined the Overclockers SETI team and ran into a snag. Someone (I'm assuming MS) has forced the Knights to take down their donload links for the windows installers due to possible licensing issues. If anyone has an archived copy I would appreciate getting my hans on it.
I find it shameful that they even pick on people doing volunteer work :screwy:

Thanks in advance Johan :ty:

Thanks svirfnebi :ty:
I'll try that out when I get home.
@ Bogie what do you mean
Will that create the file app_info xmt

Yes, but you need to manually do the edits to set the number of units you want running on the GPU and leave one CPU core available to feed the GPU.
Please excuse my ignorance but how importanrt is that. My BOINC installation is already allocating work to my GPU. I thought this was just for designating CPU instruction sets to optimize CPU output. I have this running on the HTPC in my sig BTW. :confused:

I see and how is that done?

u have to unhide files n folders then go here C:\ProgramData\BOINC\projects\setiathome.berkeley.edu then u edit the app_info, the way i did it on both my pc's running win7 64 bit is to open that file with notepad. then under were says cuda u change it from 1 to a 0.5 in all places, u have to have bonic manger closed to do all this. i found is in dif place for winxp.

I assume then since I have the HD 6850 I'd be looking for ATI or OpenCL. Something ATI related.

Back