• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tales from the Crypt WARNING! GRAPHIC IMAGES!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
L&M said:
How come that near the HS there's no dust?!?Has anyone wonder that?
Look at it:it's all clean near the HS.It's like... all the cat hair and dust was taken by the fan on the HS.Where's the dust and cat hair on the mobo?!?
I think it's a fake.

LOL...:p

OK, I admit it, I actually installed the heatsink on a tile floor to cool down my house and then coaxed the cat to sleep on it for a couple of months.....

Sheeesh! :rolleyes:

But since you asked for it....here's the mobo!

Man, such masochists on these forums...:D

Attachments

• mobo.jpg
    mobo.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 1,095
man i could care less about the computer, that yellow crap is just nasty......Whoever has to clean that crap better get paid an arm and a leg, and smack the lady several times.

Rather interesting that many on the forum assume the owner to be a woman, which is not the case. The ironic bit is that the owner is a 75 year old chain smoker who uses his computer to, among other things, play golf video games because his health prohibits him from playing the real game.

FWIW, he did pay an arm and a leg:D

leaf blower

Wow this is a very amusing thread! I love the sick pics, and one guy said he found roaches in a computer! Wow, too dark, great stuff!

My method for cleaning out old computers and power supplys is to use an electric high powered leaf blower. First get the dust loose by brushing everything lightly, then turn on your electric leaf blower and blow the hell out of that thing. It can clean up a PC as good as new.

Hmm, I just cleaned out my dust filter, and my idle temperature dropped from 41C to 35C...

Re: leaf blower

dismal said:
Wow this is a very amusing thread! I love the sick pics, and one guy said he found roaches in a computer! Wow, too dark, great stuff!

How about this true story from here:

A user brought in a rather dirty Sony VAIO system to get a new power supply. The thing was dirty and beat up. He set it on the counter, and the side panel popped right open, and the thing was grubby inside. We saw one little tiny bug scurry out of it, and we killed it.

The system was brought in back to the garage, to clean it out. The thing was crawling with bugs -- there were over twenty inside this thing, including cockroaches and others I didn't even recognize. We doused everything with antiseptic and killed as many as we could. Then we popped in the new power supply. Just as we brought it out front, one last roach crawled from underneath the old supply and scurried into the new one, making it his home.

When we told the user about the amount of bugs (and charging him a little extra for our trouble), he said, "Well, I'm not surprised. We had this thing out by our kitchen." Egads.

O.M.G.... that is just disgusting. Eewwww.... and I thought that my inlaw's computer was dusty (cat but no smoke). The power supply died to to clogged dust buildup - the fan could no longer turn!

It took awhile to vacuum out the case before installing a new PSU, but nothing like that! Ugh.

I heard that the dust from other people's computers can be toxic. I know it smells bad but is it really toxic?

Although after blowing out someones computer is a rather small closed room, I wouldn't doubt that its toxic...I sure was coughing... :D

Oh man I love thoughs tech storys. If you have anyother links, keep em comming.
My friend told his mother that "you will never be able to use a computer" after trying to help her print stuff. Hes away and I have been helping her with some stuff. I sure laughed when I heard that..I found out that its not entirely true....but its not totally false :D

Hi I just talked to [a PC retailer], and they told me to call you. A water main in our house broke, and 85 gallons of water got dumped on my PC. It's insured, but the insurance company will only cover the parts I can prove are bad. I think it's dry now; can you help me troubleshoot it?

ROFL

Last edited:
I remember fixing one computer. I opened it up and the entire inside of the case/power supply was a matted hair/lint combination. It was coming out all vents on the P/S. When you looked at the motherboard only by close inspection could you determine which mound was the CPU.

They were complaining that the computer was crashing all the time.

It took me two hours to clean it out and two propane tanks of compressed air to do it. I literally had to disassemble the power supply to clean it out. All fans were toast (caked solid). I disassembled the entire system and cleaned it out entirely. The space under the motherboard was completely full of fur.

I still swear I heard that computer say "thank you" after I put it all back together. Amazing how it worked perfectly after that kind of abuse. I feel sorry for computer neglected like that...there's no reason for it.

I smoke at my desk, i eat at my desk, i drink much beer at my desk. But ill tell ya what. My comp will never look like that nor will any component go out becuase i smoke. I use air all the time and i have a fan blowing on me to keep the smoke at bay. So.. not all of us smokers are idiots.. thank you. although i wish i could quit..lol.. but on the subject..... THAT IS STUPID AND DISCUSTING... he should be beaten with a motherboard( a cheap one)

Not all smokers are idiots? Personally, I'd be more concerned about my lungs than my computer, but, hey, everyone's got priorities...

I fixed a computer for someone and it looked just as bad as that :eek: It was the most disgusting think I have ever had to try and clean. It was almost like trying to clean off the sticky stuff from tape but with hair stuck all in it :eek:

Hi I just talked to [a PC retailer], and they told me to call you. A water main in our house broke, and 85 gallons of water got dumped on my PC. It's insured, but the insurance company will only cover the parts I can prove are bad. I think it's dry now; can you help me troubleshoot it?

My sisters computer sat in a flood over a year ago and still works fine to this day.

Last edited:
Woah, havent seen anything that bad, even working at a computer repair shop. Probably havent been there long enough :p

Back