• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PLEASE HELP!!!LCD case mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DiViNeR

Registered
Hey All...

I have a question about a Sweet LCD screen that I came across It is a 7.2inch 1048x234 TSTN LCD display. It has what seems to be a S-video cord hanging out of it but my DVD nor my computer can seem to make it work. I did some research and it is from a car set up and needs a controller and an inverter to work in a car. Is there somekind of pci card that i could buy to make this work or could it be hardwired to my MOBO? Or does crt out on my vid card carry enogh juice to make it work?

here is a pic and the web address from the company oh ya it is a TAIHUA model W-0702 www.china-tft.com/Product/view_product.asp?id=409&company=

Any help you guys could give me would be sweet thanx.

Attachments

• product_5311_3213.jpg
    product_5311_3213.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 161
You mentioned a controller is needed for it to work? What's that? And is it supposed to plug into a DVD player? Or is there some other device you need to give input?

You need a breakout wire ( mini DIN ) It seems to go from s-video to yellow RCA ( video ) and red RCA ( audio ) as well as either a red and a black wire or a round 12 volt DC wire.

Thanks for posting I was thinking I was on my own. :')

Here is a pic

Attachments

• revised image taihua th-7288.jpg
    revised image taihua th-7288.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 151
The power shouldn't be that hard, just find a transformer with the right voltage and get it hooked up. Does your FX have video out? I think hooking your video out up to the monitor would work.

thats what I thought but the power runs through the s-video cord. But thats the whole thing It isnt s-video Its 4 pin mini DIN and yup my card has vid out and it doesnt work.
Thanx anyway

Back