• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My greatest fear came true - trouble with my RAID-0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sjaak

Yesterday evening i replaced my 2x512mb corsair for one stick of 512 mb twinmos (sold the corsair). POSTed just to make sure it was fine (but forgot to check the windows boot :bang head

Now when i booted up this morning just an hour ago, it would POST, but as soon as windows should commence, say 'Disk read error, press ctr+alt+del to reboot' Can the replacement of a stick of ram cause this???? (specs in sig)

Dont have time to look at it now (**** work) but im really scared :(

curse my evil abit BIOS :p

Somehow the change of RAM resetted the BIOS..didnt noticed it because it wasnt overclocked by the time. Resetting the bios changed the setting of the 'onchip sata device' from 'raid mode' to 'disabled'

Had to dig through 5 submenus to re-enable it and reconfigure.

Rebuild array Y/N ?

- This really scared me. my backup disk will be back tomorrow and well used then

I had a problem like this when i added new ram to one of my computers. It seemed that one of the sticks were bad, causing data corruption and fooked everything up.

Back