• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Installed Zalman 7000A (AL/CU) on a P4 2.4C, temps pretty much the same :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ZL1

Senior Crypto Caretaker
Hi

guys I just installed a Zalman 7000A (AL/CU) on my friends 2.4C and the temps changed only 1-2deg C, is this right ?
fanmate not connected to allow max fan speed
cpu running at 3.0, its was doing the same on the stock fan but I wanted to keep it cooler

please let me know what you guys think

Thank you
Dan

Actually, that is probably about right, you probably should of got the CU version. What are the actual temps? That is really the only way we can tell you if it is "right". Voltage would be good to know too.:)

schismspeak said:
Actually, that is probably about right, you probably should of got the CU version. What are the actual temps? That is really the only way we can tell you if it is "right". Voltage would be good to know too.:)

Hi

didnt want to get the CU version because its very heavy and the machine will be OCed only to 3.0 so this one should do

the temps are 42-43 under load used to be 43-45
voltage 1.55

Thanks
Dan

Well sounds good to me, and the CU version would of been a little better obviously, but it is quieter is it not?
Honestly, I would of been happy with the temps the retail cooler was giving, but I would of upgraded anyways, but to the slk900; not the zalman. Overall those temps seem correct, enjoy the quietness of it, assuming it is quieter.

schismspeak said:
Well sounds good to me, and the CU version would of been a little better obviously, but it is quieter is it not?

well I wonder if they are true though :)
my mbm seems screwed up, I have a different post in motherboards about it, it will show the mobo temps higher than the cpu temps at idle and normal use, only under load the cpu temps will be higher

I dont know maybe its quiet :) currently Im using my old v-card which has the fan screwed up and it makes more noise than a room fan :)
you know that weird out of ballance noise :)
however this machine is for a friend and he has a new v-card and when he'll install that one we'll see :)

Thanks
Dan

schismspeak said:
5 smilies in one post, cool. :):p. And no problem, it is what all of us are here for.(well for the most part)

well I try to live a positive life :)

D

schismspeak said:
Actually, in controlled back-to-back testing the Al-Cu version is better. The all copper version is made for the masses of Visa-bearing suckers out there. As P.T. Barnum said, there is one born every minute.

larva said:

Actually, in controlled back-to-back testing the Al-Cu version is better. The all copper version is made for the masses of Visa-bearing suckers out there. As P.T. Barnum said, there is one born every minute.

really? I didn't know that. That sux, cause I ordered one...

do you have a link to the said test?

if you did the testing yourself I'll trust your integrity.

larva said:

actually I read a couple reviews before buying the HSF and they also said that the AL-CU is better than the CU (they blamed the good AL/CU design :) )
and that made me very happy since the AL-CU is much lighter

D

Ritalin said:
43-45 full load with stock hsf? i get like high 50s on full full load...
Ritalin

well I dont know if I should trust my readings or maybe its because I got the new SL6Z3, who knows

D

larva said:

Linkage please. Sounds interesting, and I don't want to be one of those Visa-bearing suckers who takes forum comment for bible creed. ;)

Anyways...

What kind of MOBO do you have?

If you are using Asus Probe, turn it off - it interferes with MBM.

the question i have is it quiter then your stock hsf, if so and it cools as good or better, then i think you are ahead of the game, but thats me :D

dagamore said:
the question i have is it quiter then your stock hsf, if so and it cools as good or better, then i think you are ahead of the game, but thats me :D

see my post above, I have a v-card with a bad fan thats making all the noise it takes to cover everything else so I cant really tell

D

Hi,

If you are using Asus Probe, turn it off - it interferes with MBM

IMOG, what kinds of interference? I'm suffering from different kind of temp alerts or low voltage alerts since I installed MBM5. When I checked from BIOS MBM5 is doing fne on monitoring temps, while Asus Probe is better on monitoring voltages..

Firochromis said:
Hi,

IMOG, what kinds of interference? I'm suffering from different kind of temp alerts or low voltage alerts since I installed MBM5. When I checked from BIOS MBM5 is doing fne on monitoring temps, while Asus Probe is better on monitoring voltages..

With both running simultaneously they'll be fighting over the same sensors which will can you all sorts of wonky readings and can also cause general systemwide instability in certain cases.

dagamore said:

I bought the ALCu version a while back and in my experience it is much quieter than the stock HSF Even on the highest setting it is not much more than a whisper inside the case. It also cools better than the stock HSF in my case I saw about a 8-10c drop in load temp with the Zalman

Back