• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Removing UV Paint

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FattyMcNastyXK

Bambam's soldier
I took my Asus p4c800-e delux and sprayed it down with this Green UV spray paint. Well, it took a while to clean off the pins and stuff with a little paper towel and tooth pick. Another reason why i need it off is because it makes my UV green cables i bought are not standing out the way I want them to and i think this is because of the excessive glowing of green. I was wondering if there is a safe way to clean the whole board with like Alcohol or something.

Well I know you can wash circuit boards but they MUST be 100% dry of couse before you use them obviously. You can use harsh chemicals either. I wouldnt reccomend it cuz on a mobo there are soo many places water may stick and it would awhile to dry. Maybe someone else has some more suggestions.

The spray bottle will work, or a alcohol bath would work too. Not sure, but may want to watch out for the bios battery. That may not go well with the alcohol.

Hmm, which thread to reply in :D Well, ok, i'll try this spray bottle and the strongest alcohol i can find. no, of course not water, at least alcohol will avaporate if i don't dry a place. The main thing i will be focusing on when cleaning will be all the pins, so its gonna have to get down deep some places. I'll just leave a fan on it or something.

btw, it was also a hard time cleaning the pins to the ata cable pins and stuff. Geez.

Back