• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crysis: warhead

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Greetings!
If you run out of licenses just e-mail/call them up and its reinstated.
Why should I?

Whoever pirates the game has no limits and the paying customer is punished having to deal with the limits/restrictions?

Nope. EA will not see my money while it continues with this policy.
Just cancelled my pre-order of Dead Space after confirming it comes with the same DRM as Warhead.
So far, EA has lost 190€ from me.

I'm sure they're quaking in their boots. You do realize that DRM, in one form or another, has existed for years. Remember those old games who used to ask you questions about the manual or disk? Simple forms of copy protection. This was easily circumvented by pirates, which meant they didn't have to answer the questions. Why didn't you care then? Or what about when CD Keys started in the mid-90's, why didn't you care? Or online activation in Steam? Or product activation in Windows? All you buy when you buy software is a license to use that software, the company holds all rights to revoke said license at any time. While limited uses sucks, I doubt 99% of the community will care or even notice, as they don't format their computers every week or reinstall games every day for "speed." If you don't like it, stop playing games.

Goddamn.

tl;dr, DRM has been around for a long time, stop crying, you don't own any of your games.

Anyone have the problem of warhead using one core far more than any other?

MY q6700 has core #4 at %90+ and the others stay at about %5-10.

Thought this was optimized for multiple cores?

I'm sure they're quaking in their boots. You do realize that DRM, in one form or another, has existed for years. Remember those old games who used to ask you questions about the manual or disk? Simple forms of copy protection. This was easily circumvented by pirates, which meant they didn't have to answer the questions. Why didn't you care then? Or what about when CD Keys started in the mid-90's, why didn't you care? Or online activation in Steam? Or product activation in Windows? All you buy when you buy software is a license to use that software, the company holds all rights to revoke said license at any time. While limited uses sucks, I doubt 99% of the community will care or even notice, as they don't format their computers every week or reinstall games every day for "speed." If you don't like it, stop playing games.

Goddamn.

tl;dr, DRM has been around for a long time, stop crying, you don't own any of your games.

He's not complaining about stuff like cd keys. He's complaining about install limits.

Greetings!

Why should I?

Whoever pirates the game has no limits and the paying customer is punished having to deal with the limits/restrictions?

Nope. EA will not see my money while it continues with this policy.
Just cancelled my pre-order of Dead Space after confirming it comes with the same DRM as Warhead.

Not saying its the best choice but it is an option if you want to play games on the PC. Some companies are slowly switching over, others do not intend to have it. All in due time alot of us will have to deal with alot of this type of thing because gaming companies don't seem to mind at all, and as EA stated it hasn't hurt there sales, which IMO is BS. It has hurt sales but we are a minority so they could care less.

If you want to game, console is where its at without worrying about DRM crap more or less.

I miss the days of hard games... like Battletoads and stuff. Every game nowadays is super-dumbed down so anyone can beat it, even on highest difficulty. Makes the more hardcore players get very bored pretty fast.

Thinking of some more ways to play through Warhead that would be challenging while still being fun, just not ridiculously impossible. Recently I killed the last boss without using the Plasma Accumulator Cannon on Delta difficulty. Didn't take as long as I thought it would. What should I do next? Maybe like going through the whole game with only punching/throwing objects to kill enemies, except on bosses; using only pistol if there's enough ammo in the area.

I miss the days of hard games... like Battletoads and stuff. Every game nowadays is super-dumbed down so anyone can beat it, even on highest difficulty. Makes the more hardcore players get very bored pretty fast.

Thinking of some more ways to play through Warhead that would be challenging while still being fun, just not ridiculously impossible. Recently I killed the last boss without using the Plasma Accumulator Cannon on Delta difficulty. Didn't take as long as I thought it would. What should I do next? Maybe like going through the whole game with only punching/throwing objects to kill enemies, except on bosses; using only pistol if there's enough ammo in the area.

you only think old games were harder because you were less experienced then hehe :), whenever I reload up doom and play that through on hardest difficulty its never as hard as I remember)

if you want more of a challenge from the game then multiplayer and/or mods are the answer I think :)

you only think old games were harder because you were less experienced then hehe :), whenever I reload up doom and play that through on hardest difficulty its never as hard as I remember)

if you want more of a challenge from the game then multiplayer and/or mods are the answer I think :)

Oh I know that, but it wasn't only experience. Try beating "Battletoads" (NES) or "Battletoads in Battlemaniacs" (SNES) without any gameshark/cheats and see how long it takes. Not mentioning Battletoads & Double Dragon because that one was much easier.

Maybe we could make somewhat of an exception for the BT games because their difficulty was downright excruciating... but in general there were more difficult games in old times. Part of it I admit had to do with controls being crappy and unrefined, and lots of 'annoyances' that made games unnecessarily difficult (watch the Angry Video Game Nerd to see what I mean)... but I believe they can still make current games much more difficult without introducing crappy controls/annoyances, and they need to give a much greater reward for completing any game on highest difficulty.

Today's market is centered around casuals, for the most part.

Anyway about the config file I posted earlier, noticed a few things that had to be refined; the shadows look very ugly in some cutscenes and the particle effects on some explosions (barrels/alien deaths) are dull and nearly nonexistant. Fixed by setting these values: e_particles_lod=0.95 r_ShadowJittering=1. Also removed motion blur: r_MotionBlur=0 g_radialBlur=0 which gives a gain of about 5 fps.. doesn't seem much on paper but it's noticable in-game.

Last edited:
Back