• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I Think I Am Not Well Thinking About Selling MGS4

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

I have this thing in my mind to sell the game I've finished it and I feel rather dissapointed in the gameplay as there well isn't hardly any its just stints of it then long talking scenes then a little bit more gameplay then end of act.

It has answered all the questions from the 1st MGS I started playing Metal Gear Online but it feels like GRAW but without communication cause no one was using a headset. I also inquired about the trade price as typical ripp off britain the game costs £50 I got it for £35 I used a £10 voucher off but trade price £28 :eek: I was like ********** ********* ********** in my head cause it was rather not nice what I was thinking.

I am considering it but will leave it for a few days and see if I can get into it to find thats it's worth keeping especially for the online portion.

I'm the same, its quite annoying the constant breaks in play. I bought mine from Gamestation 2 days ago. Where did you get that trade price from or was it for cash if you don't mind me asking?

Already beat it once, going through it again on easy just to collect a lot of drebin points!

though, you CAN skip the cinematics by hitting the start button, then hitting "skip" and you can skip though the radio calls you get by hitting the start button when they are talking.

only problem with that is...you realize how short the game REALLY is. since you know where to go, and how to get there, the actual missions seem quite short. ( though, i AM playing it on easy mode ).

i'll be keeping mine. Doubt i'll sell it in the foreseeable future.

I usually sell the games I do not intend to keep as soon as I finished them, but in that case I buy them used in the first place, if I want to play it again later prices will drop to 20.

Zex that's the problem with the genre, all these stealth games whether Hitman or Solid can be run through very fast if you know where to go and what to do.

I'm the same, its quite annoying the constant breaks in play. I bought mine from Gamestation 2 days ago. Where did you get that trade price from or was it for cash if you don't mind me asking?

It was at GAME UK I was thinking about selling it on amazon.co.uk it's new I played it for 2 days and managed to finish is so I should be able to get near my bought price.

If I do I'll Put it up for sale at £40 I'm classing is it as new.

I wouldn't blame you for returning it, it has a lot more cutscenes than past games, but if you've even been slightly interested, stick it out until the end. Oh my god, it's the most amazing thing ever. It's like watching Serenity after Firefly.

I wouldn't blame you for returning it, it has a lot more cutscenes than past games, but if you've even been slightly interested, stick it out until the end. Oh my god, it's the most amazing thing ever. It's like watching Serenity after Firefly.

Well...i wouldn't QUITE put it up there with Serenity or Firefly. :D

Though, i wouldn't blame him for selling it either. if he's pretty sure he won't play it again, the sooner he sells it, the more he will get out of it.

I sold it I got £32 for trade they put the game on the pre-owned shelves for £40 so I lost £13 as I paid £45 I bought Burnout Paradise for £25 I've said the £7 credit note.

The guy behind the counter was like "Or you can't get rid of it" I just said I am disapointed in it the lack of gameplay as really let me down but the story was good finished off the series in style.

wow you guys are dissapointed? the game was more of a movie.. if your a metal gear fan, its a joy . did you even try online play? i havent yet

wow you guys are dissapointed? the game was more of a movie.. if your a metal gear fan, its a joy . did you even try online play? i havent yet

As I said in my OP online for MGS is just exactly like GRAW (Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 1 & 2) but set in the Metal gear solid 4 parts of the level single player visits I only played on a few warehouse levels.

Leveling up is alright have skills to add (upto 4) and as you use them more they gain EX like there's 1 skill called hawkeye which makes over the sholder lock-on have a better zoom. If you kill people in that stance you get 1 point to it and so on so forth there releasing it seperate in Japan MGO hope they do it for US & UK as a download maybe.

how do you use autoaim? i enabled it but its not doing it

I think auto aim only locks on if they are really close by I didn't use it I was using the M4 Custom when I could get it with 3 shot burst on (Hold R2 press triangle over current weapon to change shot from full auto to starburst to single).

It's much easier try aim for the head for an instant kill if coming up close to a enemy switch to full auto and aim for chest & head area they take damage and you'll hit the head for instant death.

But it how you play I was doing rather well on Team Fortress controll level whatever it's called got quite a lot of kills and took over a few bases.

I've got level 2 assault, but for some reason its still hard to kill people. I have my sensitivity for over the shoulder at 10 too. Does 3 shot burst help at longer ranges for better accuracy?

I tried it at a friend's place and it didn't seem so hot. I did enjoy MGS 1 and 2 very much for their gameplay, but the plots seemed to be amongst the worst of any game I had ever played (something like a mix of an awful hollywood military conspiracy movie and a really bad anime). This time round it seems that Hideo Kojima decided that just having a bad story wasn't enough, but that he wanted to go to great pains to shove it down our throats.

how much did you get the kick back and spend on it? just playing it real quick at ur friends house wont be enough time to enjoy it.. its easily a 20 hour game

Maybe 4 hours. I have an absolute hate of the whole absurd MGS4 universe though, if I could play through the same game with say James Bond or John Mullins, fewer robots and silly superhuman characters I would probably have liked it better.

I'm not really a fan though, more just a fan of the gameplay. But I guess what I'm doing is like watching Star Wars and saying 'I like the lightsaber fights, but the whole plot seems a bit silly.'

Last edited:
I sold mine for $50. I never even played it. I took it out of the new 80GB I bought and sold it on Craigslist. I never really liked the MGS series.

I liked the original Metal Gear on the NES though!

hmm... I'm not feeling so bad I dont have a PS3. Thought I'd have to go through another crazy act. I remember selling the Wii and purchasing the XB bc of Forza 2.

Back