• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bigwils1

Registered
I have the 3770k at 4.7ghz volts is 1.42 temps with prime95 are 95c and when gaming temps are 80c is this ok for this chip the CPU is cooled my a h100

Welcome to the Forums most would say try to keep the Temps 80c but 90c is about Max before the CPU will start to throttle back! Or if it gets to hot and shut down. But if you just drop the Multi down to 45 or 46 you will not see. The difference at all but your Temps could be better and a safer limit than now! AJ.

I have noticed that core 0 always runs 10c cooler than the other 3 cores is this normal and ok?

i too have this, but at load they are closer... i was wondering if a re-seat of the cpu block would help.

Attachments

• coretemps.jpg
    coretemps.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 76
Guy's it could be one of 2 things the Temp sensor is out of sink or the Tim is not spread right!

1, Check your Temps with Real Temp or Core Temp, that will check out the sensor against HWM?

2, If it still the same then you will have to decide whether to reseat the Cooler to your CPU Socket?

3, The other thing is these are Temps running Prime95 which is like extreme loads unlike day to day work! AJ. ;) :thup:

p.s. Maybe other senior members would advise you differently!

A Vcore of 1.42V is too high for a 4.7GHz clock. It shouldn't need more than 1.35-1.38V or less, w/ 1.30-1.325V or lower being more common.

I have noticed that core 0 always runs 10c cooler than the other 3 cores is this normal and ok?

i too have this, but at load they are closer... i was wondering if a re-seat of the cpu block would help.

I see the same thing. About 9C difference between cores at idle, closer to 5C range at load. Reapplied TIM, reseat, doesn't seem to matter more than 1C.

A Vcore of 1.42V is too high for a 4.7GHz clock. It shouldn't need more than 1.35-1.38V or less, w/ 1.30-1.325V or lower being more common.

+1.

4.8 @ 1.368 for me. Prime 95 16 hours was stable a little lower, but had to up it a bit for folding. Every CPU is different, but you should be able to get it lower.

[whats your temps at full load with that voltage?
QUOTE=Dark_n_Beyond;7372816]+1.

4.8 @ 1.368 for me. Prime 95 16 hours was stable a little lower, but had to up it a bit for folding. Every CPU is different, but you should be able to get it lower.[/QUOTE]

Bigwils1 Maybe its time you had a SIG done like mine so the members can see your set up and help you better? Just click EDIT SIG in the QUICK Links at the top of the page and create your own Merry Xmas buddy! AJ. ;):santa:

Merry Xmas DB Buddy from AJ and Family!

Last edited:
Back