• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Prolimatech Genesis Heatsink Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Freezer13-Pro-032a-300x223.jpg

Next on my heatsink test system is a relatively new offering from Prolimatech, the Genesis. Instead of the usual vertical single or double stack tower style heatsink you normally see on the market, Prolimatech took a different approach with this heatsink. We will be seeing if this unusual layout arrangement works well in cooling a modern system or if it’s more of a novelty item.

... Return to article to continue reading.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is an impressive performing and looking heatsink. That remind me of an older Thermalright one, for some reason.

Another great looking article Mudd!

This cooler does look like a good performer... but aesthetically... meh to me. Loks closer to scrap metal than formed! :p

Great article again mud. But why didn't you use Noctua DH-14 for some comparison? Just wanna know how good this new heatsink is when compared to one of the best air cooler (or the best should I say)?

Wow, that looks like it would beat the noctua. My noctua performs about the same as my old h70.

The reason I haven't compared it to the NH-D14 is that I don't own one any more. I sold it shortly after reviewing it the first time with my old test setup. I do have a couple of other top performing Tier 1 coolers I will review as I get a chance though, that would be comparable to the Noctua in performance. And looking at it's performance as compared to the TRUE Rev. C, the Genesis should compare very favorably to the Noctua. When I did my original testing in my first formal review, the TRUE Rev. C came in at a very close second to the NH-D14.

Now if you want to send me a NH-D14 to review against it, I will accept. :D

Another great looking article Mudd!

This cooler does look like a good performer... but aesthetically... meh to me. Loks closer to scrap metal than formed! :p

The S bends are very nice looking, that takes a fine cnc tube bender to do that :D

I have Mudds old D14, I can send it his way if he needs to borrow it :thup:

What I find absolutely hilarious is that the 980X stock cooler beats the Megahalems - LOL! :D

Great review and very interesting to see a non-standard tower cooler performing so well.

Something went wrong when they tested the megahalems Rev B. no way is it that far behind an H80.

And you are wrong there too. I have tested 3 different Megahalems; 1 original model and 2 different Rev. B models. And all 3 were inferior to the others I tested too. The 2 Rev. B models were tested on the very same platform and very same setup as the H80 and the others I still had that I retested on the same setup as I tested the H80 with. The Megahalems is a decent, but not top performing heatsink. Basically, it's starting to show it's age, even more so than the TRUE Rev. C.

When looking for a "lighter" heatsink I considered the Megahalems... very glad I didn't take the plunge as it would have been a big step back! I'm still considering the TRUE rev C as it is very close to the VenX and soooo much cheaper (well, over here it is). I actually have serious psychological issues as it seems I can't part with the TRUE. :)

I know what you mean, Lenny. The basic TRUE design has proven itself to be near ideal for years now and only now is getting eclipsed in performance. Hell, I sold my first Cu TRUE a year or so ago then decided I missed it and bought another I found for a good deal from PPCs and have it in use on my 2500k crunching system. :D

Hey you finally got to it. Yay!
I was gonna ship him one :p
I am surprised it performed next to the h80.

Looks nice, I think I'll stick with my Corsair H100 + Delta fan combo though. Should come out ahead :D

Last edited:
Back