• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlefield Vietnam

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Dethshaft said:

yes it did! You just have to put up to 26 songs in the specified folder and there you have it!

That's the second best news I've heard all day :) lol. Well I can't wait to get it, hurry up 2nd day shipping!!!

I also got this game today, had it crash to desktop maybe twice in the few hours i was playing it. I hope its is something with my 9800 pro that can befixed, but all in all it ran pretty well, and is really fun, I like how they redid the damage system so it is easier to kill people with just a few shots. I always played mods like "Forgotten Hope" for bf1942 because of that. It will be interesting to see what modders come up with now

Yeah the hit dectection does rock. Some people have problems with there ATI Radeon 9800 PRO and some don't. I own a ATI Radeon 9700 PRO and have zero problems. I keep the 3D settings at Application preferences though, I if I increase them up then I get strange artifacting in the game. Hopefully that gets fixed........Out of the box though the game is much better then BF1942. I'm sure a patch willl come out in April

Hopefully I won't have any problems w/ my r9800 pro when I install it. I'll be picking up BF Nam this week, and ordering my r9800 pro Friday off of newegg.com! WEWT! :D:D:D

im having mega problems with my 9800 pro.Maybee ill try the 9700 in my girlfriends pc.Ive tried 4 different drivers so far

I cant wait to get this becouse i love BF 1942 and have been waiting to get this game but cant seem to put my hands on a copy yet. Thanks for the Screenys.

The slight lag should be addressed in the patch, Also Shotgun? There is a Shotgun in the game........Only 1 though. Were there supposed to be more? I heard about the Flare Gun too, I heard it will be added though.

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield Vietnam\ScreenShots

Hope that helps, You can assign whatever the button is in controls.

Date Time Location Activity

Mar 16, 2004 6:04 P.M. ALBUQUERQUE, NM, US DEPARTURE SCAN
4:55 P.M. ALBUQUERQUE, NM, US ARRIVAL SCAN
3:53 P.M. LOUISVILLE, KY, US DEPARTURE SCAN
11:48 A.M. LOUISVILLE, KY, US ORIGIN SCAN
Mar 15, 2004 12:17 P.M. US BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Mine is on the way scheduled delivery: Mar 17, 2004

Well, I went to Futureshop today and asked about their shipment

I was told they would receive them tonite and that they would be on the shelves tommorow.....They LIED...rrrrrrr. Turns out they put them on the shelves about 2hrs ago and all of the stores near me are sold out.....what a bunch of jerks!!!!

For those of you downtown, the Robson store has 30+ copies and in Richmond at the lansdown store there are 30+ copies.....unfortunatly, I can't get to these stores before they close.

I got my copy today but I would have preorderd it yesterday so I could get the music cd that would come with it.However when I went to the store yesterday I asked if they had it in or if it would be in tomorrow but the women behind the counter told me the game wouldnt ship till may.I went along with it thinking that EA delayed it last minute so I went home and didnt bother to pre order it.So of corse when I went to the store to pic up my pre order of UT2004 there it is on the shelf grrr.If any one has the music cd and doesnt want it I'll take it off their hands.

invisible hand said:
Well, I went to Futureshop today and asked about their shipment

I was told they would receive them tonite and that they would be on the shelves tommorow.....They LIED...rrrrrrr. Turns out they put them on the shelves about 2hrs ago and all of the stores near me are sold out.....what a bunch of jerks!!!!

For those of you downtown, the Robson store has 30+ copies and in Richmond at the lansdown store there are 30+ copies.....unfortunatly, I can't get to these stores before they close.

Commander_Kang said:
I got my copy today but I would have preorderd it yesterday so I could get the music cd that would come with it.However when I went to the store yesterday I asked if they had it in or if it would be in tomorrow but the women behind the counter told me the game wouldnt ship till may.I went along with it thinking that EA delayed it last minute so I went home and didnt bother to pre order it.So of corse when I went to the store to pic up my pre order of UT2004 there it is on the shelf grrr.If any one has the music cd and doesnt want it I'll take it off their hands.

Yea, ya gotta love the game store employee. The managers always seem to find workers who know nothing about the product they sell.

Futureshop (A.K.A. BestBuy) also sells computers, the staff is sooooo horrible. The average 12 year old understands more about computers. I hate shopping there because I always end up in some sort of arguement in a futile attempt to correct something a sales person told me; but if they have the game first then they get my business.

What really ticks me off is that I knew they were going to place the game on the shelves before they closed.....I should have waited :mad:

Good news everyone Lol Wow this thread sure blew up. Anyway for anyone and EVERYONE who has the game and is having choppy/lag issues in Multiplayer........I think I have a fix for you. After searching around for answers and testing things out. I determined it isn't Videocard Drivers because I tested

ATI 4.3 Cat
ATI 4.2 Cat
ATI 4.1 Cat

All of them had the same results and if any of you remember BF1942 and the sound buffering problems some people had where it would make the game run like crap well guess what? SAME EXACT DEAL HERE TOO. It truly is a simple fix and so far great results, why this wasn't fixed before hand is beyond me. Do the following
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Navigate to:

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield Vietnam\Mods\BfVietnam\settings

In there you will see a file named "Default" which is a .con file. Open it up with Note Pad and Copy & Paste the following.

rem *** for BC
Game.GameLevelPath BFVietnam/Levels/Operation_Irving/
Game.useMenu 1
Game.useHud 1
Game.menuMain BattlefieldMenu
Game.menuInGame InGame
Game.menuMap Map
Game.DebugCallbackDisabled 0
Game.SoundBuffersize 400

run AliasedCommands.con

softRun ../../../Tools/Editors/Editors.con

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The only change is "Game.SoundBuffersize 400" there is some sort of glitch in the game that overloads the Soundbuffer, it puts major strain on your system causing sporadic choppyness. Once you edited it, Save it and your good to go. I no longer have loss in performance anymore!!!!!! I hope although a patch does come out soon to address this, but for now it is an easy fix. Hope it helps

*EDIT CHECK MY WEBPAGE IF NEEDED FOR STEP BY STEP PICTURES*

Stiletto, Most maps are about equal size while some are fairly small. The plus side is that there are multiple "Camo/Cover Routes" to take for easy flag access. Makes the game more competitive

Last edited:
Dethshaft said:

yes it did! You just have to put up to 26 songs in the specified folder and there you have it!

does everyone else in game still hear the default songs then? it would be quality if they could hear ur songs but its pretty doubtfull thats how it is.

does everyone else in game still hear the default songs then? it would be quality if they could hear ur songs but its pretty doubtfull thats how it is.

Nope any songs you add in, You can only hear/play. No one else can hear them as they would have to have the same exact song. Chances are even if they did, It wouldn't work as the game was programmed. I should test it out with a friend & put the same exact songs in.

Back