• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

battlefield vietnam

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Vietnam is all good in normal play, but in mutliplay i experience very sad frames per second. I don't know why. My connection is good, it runs fine in 1 player mode.

But I don't play it all that much because of the lag/poor fps in multiplayer. I'm waiting for a fix, or an upgrade. If I could take it back for a refund I would. Very dissatisfied with it at this point because you can't play a 1-5 frames a second game. Sorry..

BFV is a excellent game.. I love to play online with all the other idiots.. but for the absolute best experience join a clan and get involved with some SERIOUS fighting..

The teamwarfare 12v12 ladder is insane.. That is a war.. the way its supposed to be..

While its cool running to a flag with 3 others with a sniper covering you.. try standing on a flag waiting for the next 30 seconds with a whole team spawning on it.. but no worries cause you got your bros (all 5 of them) covering your ***.. It is the most exilerating thing!!

BUY IT!

FreakinSyco

Well I am having issues playing the game myself on my 9800 Pro also. I lockup usually despite what a do. Upgraded to Omega 4.4's but still no luck. This game needs patched bad and I mean right now.

Edit: wooT ! Got another star.:)

I got the game the other day. I found the game play to be very similar to the old bf. In fact I couldn't tell a difference. Though I never played the old bf that much. I think it resembles nature on 3dmark 01 graphics wise. Different guns, vehicles, etc. I've done a few instant battles so far. It seems to be cool but i'm probably gonna sell my copy. Online just doesn't wana coop with me.

NewbiePerson: Don't sell yet, a patch should fix this and many other problems which I assume will be along soon (well I hope it will) and how does the online not want to coop with you, framerates gone to hell or what? Post your specs please.

I finally got into a game online. I guess I was just picking bad servers. I have to admit its pretty cool, so i'll be keeping it I thnk. My specs are in sig it runs it fine.

I finally got into a game online. I guess I was just picking bad servers. I have to admit its pretty cool, so i'll be keeping it I thnk. My specs are in sig it runs it fine.

Glad to hear you gave it a chance, PM me sometime if you want to play sometime :D It's a great online game IMO. Now go kick some ***!

I still can't wait for a patch for this game. Now I KNOW something's up w/ my install of BFV. I can play UT2k4 and FarCry @ 1280x1024 w/ alll details in game maxed out (except AF and AA) and get great framerates. But if I do the same in BFV, I get teh crappy ones. I have yet to try the Cat 4.4's. The 3.7's work well enough for now, I guess, but I'd still LOVE to see this game patched ASAP.

my one thing about this game is the music on the main menus before entering a game, its got to be the worst music ever composed it dirves me freaking NUTS!!!

I love the music. Is there any way to extract the music files from the game? Or would I have to go out and buy the music cd they assembled from the game?
Hope this isn't too off track...

actually the song on the menu im quite let down by as it is very good (the proper version without all the talking stuff on it) and I cant seem to see it available to play in action :(

(has some comical lyrics to :) )

I've tried the latest Cat drivers and could only play for a few minutes then it would kick me to desk top. I uninstalled then and went back to the Cat 3.10 drivers and no probs at all. I get about 80 to 100 FPS in game with whats in my sig.

piraterocker7 said:
i have never found one of those vietnam span "holes" that you can supposedly move, where are they

-me

its just like in 1942 i could never find a sub

hmmmmmmmmmmmm...

First off you need to be a VC Engineer and have selected the shovel kit. you can scoop up tunnels by pressing the "G" key (while standing next to the tunnel).
Planting your tunnel, activate the shovel by pressing the "5" key press left mouse and your on your way.

Radical said:
I really need to get this game.:drool:

once you do, head over the the [OCG] site and join a clan I'm trying to put together.

look here.

and here.

everyone is welcome, and you don't have to be great.

I hope to cya

mica

Back