• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BF3 and EA are terrible

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

striker85

So, I just wanted to ask, how many people are having ridiculous errors with BF3? I get "game disconnected: something went wrong" after every map change. I've been on tech support 5 times now with EA and got nowhere. Their techs don't have any communication skills and EA is not letting anything out about recognizing the seemingly huge number of people having this problem. I'm sick of EA and their garbage.:mad:

Their techs are braindead cabbage heads in India with terrible communication. Been there. Also, yes I get tonnes of connection errors as I'm sure many other people do? I think you may wish to refer to the South Park episode where they develop a basketball game with EA. Pretty much sums up what I have to say in 22 minutes.

I had a 20 minute conversation where this tech, who was quite possibly a well trained hamster given the communication skills, kept saying 'log into your account to retrieve your reset password now'

'You mean log into my account via the game or do you want me to check my email'

'Yes log into your account'

'Explaining the same thing to me wrong twice isn't going to help anything'

'I'm sorry we're having communication trouble sir'

'I just want to know, if you want me to go check my email.'

This continued for some time. He typed slowly. No doubt he was trying to cram peanuts into his cheek pouches as hamsters do. They're $1/hour idiots. That's what you get when you allow quality, well payed well trained fluent tech support to be moved overseas and you don't see a massive public boycott on the first company that dares to do it. They all jump on board and the next thing you know you're talking to a Manatee that types with its nose in an aquarium somewhere about your lost password.. Then when that gets too expensive, who knows, bacteria? A giant animated .GIF that just flips you off? Whatever we let happen will happen.

As for the broken MP, what are they going to do this late in the game? Tell us what we already know? That the MP implementation and matching is insane and terrible and that finding servers from internet explorer is insane? It's a prettier, botched-ier BFBC2 with airplanes dude... Sometimes you get online. Sometimes you don't get online. As for those responsible, they've already built their 30 acre swimming pool and filled it with money and moved on to the next project. ;)

Oh, and as for your Avatar, stop calling me Shirley! (Sorry just watched it again last night)

Last edited:
I rarely have connection issues. Maybe crash out once a week (53 hours of game time).

I actually don't have any issues with the browser-based implementation (I load mine from Chrome by the way with no problems). It is far superior than any other server browser and friends/etc integration that Battlefield has had (that isn't saying a ton, but it is).

Wow, I don't think I could have put it better myself. The best part is I put a paragraph as my opening statement with the chat that lays out EVERYTHING I've tried including: reinstalling/running repair from Origin, disabling UAC/firewall/antivirus, giving BF3.exe every known privilege to mankind on my computer, updating drivers, etc...And one of the first questions the parrot asks is "i'll have to ask you to run repair from Origin." Are you kidding me? Did I type all of that for nothing?

And yes, I am serious. :p

Edit:

I don't have too much to rant and rave about as far as Battlelog goes, but Origin is a colossal piece of garbage and the disconnects/crashes or whatever they are have got to stop.

As a BF2 player, I openly welcome a slim, HTML based server browser.

Wow, I don't think I could have put it better myself. The best part is I put a paragraph as my opening statement with the chat that lays out EVERYTHING I've tried including: reinstalling/running repair from Origin, disabling UAC/firewall/antivirus, giving BF3.exe every known privilege to mankind on my computer, updating drivers, etc...And one of the first questions the parrot asks is "i'll have to ask you to run repair from Origin." Are you kidding me? Did I type all of that for nothing?

And yes, I am serious. :p

It's not a Parrot striker. Parrots are expensive. I told you it's a hamster. Do you really think they're walking into a petshop with a few hundred dollars to buy parrots and train them when you can buy six hamsters for $25 and just inbreed them at the IT building and pump out support staff like there's no tommorow? They mature within like 2 or 3 months, it's perfect.

A parrot would have also had reasoning ability and read what you wrote, thought, and formulated a response. The hamster's just reading whatever's on the next piece of kibble that falls through his food chute. And that's getting cutbacks soon too. Soon you'll have to interperet a series of quiet clicks and chirps from the Hamster.

Hahahaha. I can absolutely tell you empathize with me. It's just that I don't know what to do next. I feel like I've exhausted everything and have gotten no improvement. It seems like I might have to just give up and move on after setting my money on fire to buy this game.

Hahahaha. I can absolutely tell you empathize with me. It's just that I don't know what to do next. I feel like I've exhausted everything and have gotten no improvement. It seems like I might have to just give up and move on after setting my money on fire to buy this game.

Last thing to try is a reinstall of your OS, I've heard numerous people have said that it fixed a TON of issues that they were having. No idea what it was, but it seems to help a lot.

Dude both games kind of irked me. I didn't like the cut of their jibb based on my previous experience with their developers' titles. :)

I do empathize with you Stryker, and I can't tell you what to do next. Maybe just keep trying different hamsters until you find one that's old and wise (maybe 3 years old) and it might be able to handle this for you. Hurry up before they transfer the Hamsters to something more important and bring in whatever's next though because I don't think we've reached the bottom of the well yet.

Remember, we don't drive the main profits for these guys.
It's the stupid kid that begs his parents for it on Xbox. Not us. The people who want to experience the game properly on expensive hardware get the hamster shaft. Can I say hamster shaft on here? I mean the tubes they crawl through that you can buy with the little exercise room and stuff.

Dude both games kind of irked me. I didn't like the cut of their jibb based on my previous experience with their developers' titles. :)

I'm just saying, when someone close to you tricks you into walking into some conference room full of people, I'm gonna be sittin in one of the chairs. With my own clipboard.

And maybe a beer. It's your intervention, not mine

No major issues here. I'm proud to say my luck with game stability is historically pretty good.

Janus67-I've had a clanmate who was ready to give up too....reinstalled his OS and everything, all working great now. Hate seeing someone have to go that far though.

No major issues here. I'm proud to say my luck with game stability is historically pretty good.

Janus67-I've had a clanmate who was ready to give up too....reinstalled his OS and everything, all working great now. Hate seeing someone have to go that far though.

This pretty much is the same as my experiences. I have had a couple connection issues and random crashes since release, but for the most part I have been stable. One of my buddies can hardly play though. It takes him many attempts to join without an EA error message. I can understand bugs like this for the first week or two, but after that, they need to get the stuff together.

I had a similar problem when i started playing, every other game would just kick me out.

In the end i turned uPnP off on my router, which is fine since my house isn't crammed with Playstations or Xboxs. Seems like it happens alot with my type of router.

Anything with EA on it it not purchased in this household. my .02 after years of dealing with them.

Just did reinstallation of Windows. First thing I did was install BF3 after doing driver installs/updates....same problem. I'm so done with this game.

Are you behind a router? What kind of network adapter are you using? Do you have some piece of hardware that might make this game malfunction for you while it functions properly for hundreds of thousands of other users?

No issues here either? :shrug: I play about 3 or 4 hours at a time, 3 or 4 times a week! I have had the 'you have been disconnected' thing a couple of times though. I would say its something to do with your internet or firewall/router. Either way you super harsh critics are missing out on probably one of the best games ever!

5 star colonel and counting!

Back