• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EXPIRED Intel 330 SSD (180GB) $114 AR @ Amazon

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lordkosc

Found this deal over at slickdeals, I grabbed 2 of them! :shock: Did I choose wisely?

(waiting 45 days for a $140 rebate will be painful)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007P71JJM/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

http://slickdeals.net/f/4786038-180-GB-Intel-330-SSD-113-99-AR-FSSS

Seemed like a crazy good price. (.63 cents per GB.)

I am thinking of RAID 0-ing them, is that a good idea? Or should I just run them separate? I think I recall reading TRIM doesn't like RAID-ed drives...?

The EGG is selling them at $144.99 after Rebate

Last edited by a moderator:
They have been talking about enabling trim in raid for a while, hasnt happened yet to my knowledge, though garbage collection works, and does more or less the same thing. I considered grabbing another agility to match mine for raid, but the desktop is already as responsive as i need it to be, and having to initialize the raid controller at bootup would probably increase the overall boot time, since it is already only about 10 seconds from windows splash to desktop. Cant hurt to try it though, see if you like the way it feels, if not, reformat them and skip the raid.

Yeah, no doubt the raid is faster than the non raid, its just that i cant see myself needing things to happen any faster than they do right now, at least the things on my ssd. Booting is fast, applications open as quickly as i would like them to. Going to the computer i use at work, which is an old single core, win xp, 5400 rpm dinosaur, might make my computer feel faster than it is though :D

Yeah going from a 7200rpm to a ssd should be an eye opener, I've actually never seen a SSD in action.

Its pretty darn nice, Install windows 7 in like 10-15 minutes, quick boot times, they really do make other peoples normal computers feel unbearably slow.

Did the price already change? I'm seeing $200.88 minus $70 rebate for a final price of $130.88 on Amazon. Still a good deal, but I'm wondering how you got it for $114.

EDIT: I found one Amazon reseller selling them for $185+$5 shipping. It showed only one left in stock before I bought it. I might have gotten the last one at that price.

You must buy today to get the rebate, today is the last day of rebate eligibility.

Last edited:
JeremyCT, you only qualify for the rebate if your drive was bought from and fulfilled by Amazon themselves, and not a 3rd party.

Yeah the Amazon price went up around $15 probably once they sold the amount they wanted out of their warehouses.

I can't wait till they get here on Wednesday!

JeremyCT, you only qualify for the rebate if your drive was bought from and fulfilled by Amazon themselves, and not a 3rd party.

Rebate form said "purchases made at Amazon", not fulfilled by Amazon so I thought I was ok, thanks for the heads up. It's not worth a $70 gamble.

Rebate form said "purchases made at Amazon", not fulfilled by Amazon so I thought I was ok, thanks for the heads up. It's not worth a $70 gamble.

Purchase at Amazon and through Amazon. At amazon qualify for rebate, through amazon but from third party does not. is what my understanding.

Back