• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question dealing with Ubuntu 7.10!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Actually, I'm lazier than that. I just run a cat5 from my main switch to a new switch. Then I plug in the new connections into the new switch. So I just have a small hole in the floor where I feed the cat5 through.

Wall plates are more elegant I suppose. =P

Actually, I'm lazier than that. I just run a cat5 from my main switch to a new switch. Then I plug in the new connections into the new switch. So I just have a small hole in the floor where I feed the cat5 through.

Wall plates are more elegant I suppose. =P
Yeah I want to run just a long cat5 cable from the back from the router in the living to my bedroom but he doesn't want me to because he doesn't want cables strung around the house. -sigh-

Feel like I am living with my ****ing parents again.

Yeah I want to run just a long cat5 cable from the back from the router in the living to my bedroom but he doesn't want me to because he doesn't want cables strung around the house. -sigh-

Fish it up/down through the hollow of the walls to a wallplate on each end.

My dad's a CS prof, so he was always sympathetic to my techie needs. =P

My dad's a CS prof, so he was always sympathetic to my techie needs. =P
My parents hated my love for computers. :(

Well I ran a hardline from the router in the living to my computer when my roommate was gone and he hasn't said anything yet so...

Again thanks for the help.

I got my Dad to head into the crawlspace (which in our house was NASTY) to drill holes through all the floors so we could have cat5 cable coming into every room.

I also remember the many Christmases with my Dad trying to make some piece of hardware I got for Christmas working. This is back before plug and play, and getting a VGA card to work in a computer could take days. Lol.

I remembered back in the day when my dad did his first over clock, of an AMD K6 233.
And we ran BNC 10base2 ethernet cable through the house (talk about lag - >350 ft of cable run on 5 computers)

I remember when we used coax cables to connect ethernet adapters. That was a while ago.

I remember when we used coax cables to connect ethernet adapters. That was a while ago.

An excellent technology- MOCA, (Multimedia Over Coax Alliance). It is currently utilized by Verizon FiOS, a gangbuster of a product.

They made ethernet AGP cards? /boggle AGP stands for Advanced Graphics Port.

Damn I guess my 10yrs of messing with this stuff has nothing on you guys. Well I hope to learn alot from this board and my next project is going to be a home file/media server.

Back